TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

light headliner not available any more if white seats selected?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by spleen, Nov 26, 2015.

1. spleen

spleen Active Member

well, this is odd. Last night while playing with the configuration tool, I was able to select white seats and the light headliner. Kind of liked it and decided to think about it some more.

I printed out my configuration last night to keep track of the options I selected.

specsheetlastnight.jpg

Today, I go back into the website and now, every time I select white seats, the light headliner option disappears and my only option is the black headliner. Not sure if I like that look and if I'm only able to pick the dark headliner with white seats, I'll probably pick another color for the seats. Is it just me or is anybody else seeing this?

whiteseatsblackheadliner.jpg

2. spentan

spentan Active Member

Thats weird that they took the selection out, but tbh, I wouldn't order the white seats with the light headliner. Yes, it'll be a bit airier, but it wouldn't provide the contrast which makes the white pop imho

3. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

when I first configured my sig, I mistakenly selected the light headliner with white seats when I meant to select black. I actually got a call from someone at Tesla saying Franz did not recommend the combo because the colors weren't close.

4. Zybane

Zybane Member

White seats and cream colored headliner would look awful.

5. spleen

spleen Active Member

Maybe Franz realized the goof on the website after they started to get orders configured that way and nixed it then, lol

6. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I love it that Franz's color coordination suggestions are known and provided to customers! [emoji3] The man has excellent taste.

7. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Yeah, but should Tesla be limiting options further even if it means not saving folks from their own poor taste? ;-)

8. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

I agree.

9. Cattledog

Cattledog Active Member

Agree squared. Sometimes we all simply need to be saved from ourselves - that's why they're car designers.

10. spleen

spleen Active Member

Saved from my own bad taste, lol