Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Light show update trunk?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Works fine now, interrupted it by pressing the “trunk open” button on the tesla app during the show and it got stuck open, after complete I closed it manually and ever since it works fine now! Weird bug.

It appears that if you have changed the settings, from default on the trunk, it won't open
Not sure how, or I adjusted it, but how would I set it to default? (2021 Model 3 LR)

Also, if you don't have automatic closing windows (I changed the setting for safety reason), and interrupt the show by opening door, the windows will remain at the level they were at when the show ended.

Reactions: dalton108
Not sure how, or I adjusted it, but how would I set it to default? (2021 Model 3 LR)

Also, if you don't have automatic closing windows (I changed the setting for safety reason), and interrupt the show by opening door, the windows will remain at the level they were at when the show ended.

Push the trunk as high up as it goes, then hold down the trunk button til it beeps.

Reactions: haroldo
Mine only open very slightly, like a inch, and it closes.
Initial behavior my 2021 M3P was what you say [only opened about an inch and then closed], but that was only once the very first time. Since then, it doesn't do anything. Everything else seems to work the way it supposed to.

By contrast, my wife's 2020 MYLR works perfectly. Of course she doesn't have the matrix headlights which is something really special. I hope they fix it.

Reactions: cyc80
I got the XMas update today. I can see and hear the trunk opening for something like few millimeters but that’s about it. I tried already 5 times or so but the same. Initially I thought something is wrong with my trunk or is frozen (a bit cold here today). A bit of a bugger but happy with other updates I got. Cheers!
My trunk opens like that …few millimetres and then closes immediatly during the show.
How did you get upgrates ? I just have 2021.44.25.2
Thanks

My trunk opens like that …few millimetres and then closes immediatly during the show.
How did you get upgrates ? I just have 2021.44.25.2
Thanks
I got the same, 2021.44.25.2 updating from 2021.40.6. I tried resetting the trunk opening height and stuff like that but no change. Just played the “light show” at some friends tonight and still the same, the trunk only has an “attempt” to open.

I got the same, 2021.44.25.2 updating from 2021.40.6. I tried resetting the trunk opening height and stuff like that but no change. Just played the “light show” at some friends tonight and still the same, the trunk only has an “attempt” to open.
So we will wait until the next upgrate.
I contacted my Tesla store in France to explain my problem.
Have you got a performance?