Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lighted Appliqué Issues

What is the root cause

• Installation issue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Master control unit issue

• Other

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BD3AC470-94C9-4A4C-BFA6-7DED3EF314C4.jpeg BD3AC470-94C9-4A4C-BFA6-7DED3EF314C4.jpeg
I had a professional install the rear lighted appliqué about a year ago. Post install the appliqué would not function properly with the right turn signal. I emailed the manufacturer and they said it was an install issue. I decided to just not turn on the appliqué to work with the turn signals (still worked fine with break light and reverse).

However, I just recently installed the rear lighted T, so since I had everything taken apart I thought I would check the wiring for the Appliqué. Everything looked fine (see pics). I have attached photos of wiring and a couple videos of what is happening. Based on this, I am thinking the issue is with the master control unit. Anyone agree or disagree with this assessment?

Detailed description of problem: when both turn signals are activated, the left turn signal works fine, but righ turn signal blinks a few times in the left direction, then blinks 2x in the right (correct) direction. Also worth noting, if I deactivate the left turn signal from the app, the right works fine. So the issue only shows up when both turn signals are activated within the app.

Attachments

• 101754B7-51CA-4056-B022-81755C448E37.jpeg
    101754B7-51CA-4056-B022-81755C448E37.jpeg
    353.6 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Just got a lookout the video of your turn signals. At one time we had two software programs, the older program had the error.
That was corrected soon after we discovered the problem.
Send me the controller and I'll update the program.
You can send the controller to:

Tesla Lights
6342 N. 6th Street
Philadelphia , PA 19126

Reactions: BulldogsRus