TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Lighted carbon fiber door sills

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by artsci, Aug 3, 2014.

1. artsci

artsci Sponsor

I bought a set of front door lighted sills (made of aluminum) and had them skinned with carbon fiber. They light when the doors are opened. Model S on driver's side, TESLA on the passenger. PM me if you want to know where to obtain the sills. The carbon fiber work was done by Carbon Fiber Element in New Jersey -- they've done all of my other carbon fiber projects. The photos of the lighted sills at night fall far short of doing them justice. I shot the photos in the rain and could not put the camera on a tripod, so I shot with flash, which dims the brightness.

Unlighted driver's side

DSC_5331.JPG

Lighted

DSC_5367.JPG

Unlighted passenger side

DSC_5339.JPG

Lighted

DSC_5349.JPG

Also put a lighted Model S piece in the frunk.

DSC_5352.JPG

2. nkohlimd

nkohlimd Member

Looks awesome, Rick!

3. Runs Kwh

Runs Kwh Member

How much did they cost? (both the aluminum and the carbon fibre)?

4. artsci

artsci Sponsor

The sills were a little over $200 and having them skinned with carbon fiber was another $200.