Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lighted door sill plates By Norm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the videos! And man that is so cool. Did you do the abstract lights too by any chance?

I'm curious to see if that is what it looks it like since I'm planning on changing the interior lights with the abstract ocean lights.

Yes sir those are the abstract ocean lights and they are awesome. I change all of them except the red ones on the side of the doors. Link below have pictures of the upgrade I made

Model s Abstract Ocean LED upgrade

Also I made this upgrade on the trunk lights also made my Norm
Trunk Lighting By Norm

Use this code. "teslainventory" and that takes 20% of you abstract ocean purchase thanks to user DAErik.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bebop
is there a website for Norm's stuff?
He dont have a site. You just email him Norman Roberts [email protected] with the product that you want and he will send you instructions On price and payment. All products are hand made. The quality is amazing and fantastic service. He is a active member here and have a couple of other threads he started.

Looks like we have a copycat in the house.
Mr. Norman Roberts ordered a set of our illuminated doorsills less than a year ago.
And he is now selling his, which look exactly like the ones he order from us.
Looks like he can expect a letter from our lawyer.

doorsill4.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 11.48.46.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 11.48.46.jpg
    629.8 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
Mr. Norman Roberts ordered a set of our illuminated doorsills less than a year ago.

View attachment 282754

Do you have some sort of patent or trademark that precludes competitors from making competing products? I would doubt it since lighted door sills are not a new idea. I've seen them come as stock features from the factory in Lexus automobiles and seen them offered as aftermarket accessories on Subarus just to name a couple of examples from my personal experience.

I'm not trying to pick sides, but the way that your post comes across makes you seem less like a victim and more like a bully. Maybe you would be better served by buying a pair of Norm's door sills and doing a side by side comparison either showing how Norm's sills are exactly the same as yours or how they are different and how your product is superior (whichever the case may be).

Maybe you would be better served by buying a pair of Norm's door sills and doing a side by side comparison either showing how Norm's sills are exactly the same as yours or how they are different and how your product is superior (whichever the case may be).

I agree, I was looking for lighted sills and was considering the Tesland version until I was fortunate to see both Tesland's and Norm's at the same meetup. Setting cost aside, I personally would have picked Norm's on pure aesthetics alone. There is a difference.

Reactions: Ande and N..8
The first producer of these to create a method for me to buy them through a website and not screw around with emails, back and forth, etc will likely get my business.
The secret to successful marketing: Have a quality product that is available WHEN, WHERE and HOW someone wants to acquire it. Amazon rules in this secret :)

Reactions: Xenius
Tessland's is 270€ (240€ plus their 30€ International shipping fee), so that is $328.90. Norm's is a little under half that. Maybe that makes a difference.

I won't order either. I think little of a company that makes empty legal threats. I think even less of a man who orders another's product, outright copies it, and sells the copies. I don't think I want either one's products in my car.

Reactions: Ande
Tessland's is 270€ (240€ plus their 30€ International shipping fee), so that is $328.90. Norm's is a little under half that. Maybe that makes a difference.

I won't order either. I think little of a company that makes empty legal threats. I think even less of a man who orders another's product, outright copies it, and sells the copies. I don't think I want either one's products in my car.
I agree, I was looking for lighted sills and was considering the Tesland version until I was fortunate to see both Tesland's and Norm's at the same meetup. Setting cost aside, I personally would have picked Norm's on pure aesthetics alone. There is a difference.

Tesland just needs to order a set of norm's now and improve upon his design :D

$40 per sill plate is hard to beat, norm priced it right.

But it is just not right when someone is copying the items we made with a lot of research and development.

meh, whatever he measured on his tesla, or your part (aka "research") and found a LED strip, is nothing to bitch about.
however: I would NOT feed money to a patent troll or company that waste money on harassing others like that.
So .. I'd rather shop @ Norman.

Two questions:
-does it switch off when door closes, or is on all the time ? (what will make it go on/off)
-is it on to mount for all four doors ?

Two questions:
-does it switch off when door closes, or is on all the time ? (what will make it go on/off)
-is it on to mount for all four doors ?

They plug into the lights under the front dash so they come on and off with those. The under dash lights stay on for a bit after you close the door and you can see a bit of light bleeding from the bottom of the door for a bit after you get in.

These are for the front doors only. The rear doesn't have sill plates to replace.

View attachment 282754

Can I assume that you have written permission from Tesla to use their registered trademarks for your products? If not, you might want to expect a letter from their lawyers.

TESLA, TESLA MOTORS, TESLA ROADSTER, MODEL S, MODEL X, and the “TESLA,” “T” and “TESLA and T in Crest” designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors, Inc. in the United States and other countries.