Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lighted door sill plates By Norm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a customized version with "TESLA" lettering from Norm today. I'm super excited about it! The customization was only $20 extra - that's super reasonable.

My car has already been upgraded with the rpm interior light upgrades, which make a huge difference. The illuminated sills will be the icing on the cake.

Ordered this custom sill from NORM, because of the quality of his work(i have his cubby & shelf butler) reasonable pricing and his excellent customer service.

upload_2018-6-28_11-32-39.png

No, the only items i know he has are this lighted sill, cubby, shelf butler & trunk lighting. There are threads on all of these in the forum with pictures and testimonials. Do a search, start a convo and he'll let you know how to make payment.

Ordered my sill plates from Norm last month and they arrived much faster than expected. The quality of the sill plates are awesome, SS with a layer of Xpel for protection (much better than the OEMs IMO). Install instructions were very straightforward. Didn't have to remove any panels other then the original sill plates. The truly look awesome and add a subtle but well needed addition to the futuristic MS.

Reactions: outdoors
I received my illuminated sill plates today, and installed them right away.

First impression: They look really nice. However, they are not brushed steel - they don't have a brush structure in one direction. Instead, it looks like it's a random brush pattern. All is covered by clear film; one plate had a tiny air bubble.

When I started removing the plastic sill panels, I immediately broke the two blue clips. So I ran to a few local auto parts stores, in hopes of finding a replacement. How naive I was! Nobody has anything for a Tesla... But I did find a GM type clip at AutoZone that worked. And though I knew where they were, I broke the blue ones on the other side as well. Glad I bought enough of the GM types.

Removing the original aluminum sill plates from the plastic panels was a small challenge, as they are held in place by lots of strong foam tape. Using a hair dryer to warm-up the materials on both sides really helped. Still, I did not manage to get them off without bending. And since they had scratches as well, I decided I will never re-use them. So in the round bin they went.

The rest was pretty easy. Sure, the foot-well lights are tight fits, and difficult to remove. But once I had everything removed, it was just a matter of putting the puzzle back together.

The outcome is pretty spectacular.

DoorSill-Illumination.JPG

BTW: The foot-well lighting is from RPM Tesla. That was another awesome upgrade. Now I can always find the fast pedal. ;)

Reactions: Chaz
Just installed by lighted door sill plates from Norm. He shipped them next day and also sent me this video which really guides you:

Installation was not very difficult at all, especially considering I am not exactly the handiest person. The only issue I had was the 1/16 drill bill Norm provided snapped in my drill bc it didn't have a base and was flimsy and cracked in half with my Dewalt drill. Luckily my neighbor had a spare and I borrowed his to finish the job. I didn't have a problem with the clips snapping like others mentioned above.

So far, it's my favorite upgrade I have done (until in 2 weeks when I get my car autoflexed!).

Reactions: IchDochNicht
Just installed by lighted door sill plates from Norm. He shipped them next day and also sent me this video which really guides you:

Installation was not very difficult at all, especially considering I am not exactly the handiest person. The only issue I had was the 1/16 drill bill Norm provided snapped in my drill bc it didn't have a base and was flimsy and cracked in half with my Dewalt drill. Luckily my neighbor had a spare and I borrowed his to finish the job. I didn't have a problem with the clips snapping like others mentioned above.

So far, it's my favorite upgrade I have done (until in 2 weeks when I get my car autoflexed!).

Quick question... are the lights flush with the surface of the letters?

Can someone post a close up of the both Norm’s and tesland’s door sills? Someone mentioned earlier that Norm’s aren’t brushed steel. Would like to compare both before pulling the trigger. Thanks in advance.
This is Norm's product that I just installed yesterday. It is clear-coated (not sure with what) and very durable/hefty feeling (as compared to the OEM). Looks great and I am very pleased with Norm's work. FYI, these are actually much more blue than the bottom picture when lit up (and white when they are not lit). I could not get my phone camera to focus correctly to show the "icy blue".

IMG_4015.JPG
IMG_4014.JPG
IMG_4012.JPG

• Love
Reactions: Reekdog