Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lighted Door Sills

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lighted Door Sills Installed

Installed lighted door sills on the Tesla this weekend thanks to Jerry Jones at ForMyTesla.com. Easy DIY project that took 45 mins with little skill or special equipment. The sills come in white, blue, and red. I went white to keep it clean-upgrades the interior and really pops at night!! I had the metal portion of the sills wrapped in Xpel to maintain the finish, prevent scratches, and make cleanup a snap....More info available at :

Illuminated and Non-illuminated Front Door Sill Covers

Last edited:
I would prefer a door sill that has the lettering cut directly into the aluminum. Similar to what I have on my Porsche Panamera:
Panamera S Door Sill.jpg

I talked with Jerry today, ordered a set, and just received a shipping notification :biggrin:. Should be here in a couple days! I agree with nkohlimd that you'll be pleased.

-Alex

I'm going to try to not be a complete a-hole about this, but what are you pleased with? Prompt shipping? You haven't even received the product. There are no pics on his website and there are no pics of a finished installation. There are no pics of the sills in the daytime or at night. I would love to buy this product if it's good, but without substantive information other than "you won't be disappointed" and "you'll be pleased" this thread is going nowhere. I've never said this in my life, but I can't think of a better time or place to say it: This thread is worthless without pics​.

EDIT: In light of my snippiness I'll substantiate my questions further. What is lighted? Is it just a blank rectangle of light? Tesla logo? "Tesla"? "Model S"? How thick is it? Does it require splicing/soldering?

I'm going to try to not be a complete a-hole about this, but what are you pleased with? Prompt shipping? You haven't even received the product. There are no pics on his website and there are no pics of a finished installation. There are no pics of the sills in the daytime or at night. I would love to buy this product if it's good, but without substantive information other than "you won't be disappointed" and "you'll be pleased" this thread is going nowhere. I've never said this in my life, but I can't think of a better time or place to say it: This thread is worthless without pics​.

Totally agree. I think it's weird/odd to advertise the product but NOT have photographs. Fail!!!

In the words of the texting generation: pics or it didn't happen. :p

I had custom lit sills for my 2011 Mustang and it was an awesome accessory. I would love to see something similar for Tesla, especially if you can put your own wording on it, which was possible with the custom Mustang sills. They were basically replacements for the factory sills, I think even made by the same company that provides the factory sills. I doubt that would be an easy thing to match on another car, but would love to see a solid effort. It was a really cool way to customize the car.

When this thread first appeared, there were pictures posted - now they are gone. That's why I posted the Panamera Door Sill picture, because from what I remember, the previously posted pictures showed an aluminum door sill that had a rectangular black plastic insert which had the lettering cut into it.