Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Lighted Rear Applique for the Model X -- wiring completed today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, so the test did not go so well. Still having a problem getting all the functions to work. Did manage to see one of the new functions
on one of the Gen II boards. It will take a couple of days to find the error in the model "X" board, will run another test later this week.

I still thing we can do the first test install in a week or two.

@Hank At this point just trying to get the New Light Board for the model "X" to work given the given right and left turn etc.
once I have that up and running I'll look to see if we can put on some of the other function that I have seen running from the Adafruit
Neo Pixel library example "simple"

No, just don't want to give a date until we are sure that we can ship appliqués within a day or two of a given order.
Hopefully by the end of this week I'll have a delivery date for the model "X" appliqués. Once we have the first three off the production line we do a systems test, then we roll out maybe a dozen.

Rick, may post and take orders by the third week of January, we'll see.

The appliqué for the nosecone "S" the the same as the appliqué for the face lift "S" in fit/attachment

The appliqué (back chrome strip) is different form the Gen 2 appliqués to the face light "S" in that the back up window is smaller.
The appliqué for the model "X" does not have a back up window and is shorter in overall length. The inner workings are the same.

Everything was pushed back by a month between the year end holidays and a small set back when the first test appliqués for the "X" did not light up. Rick, Bill and I will be doing an install of the first "X" this Sunday. I have two more Test appliqués for the model "X", we'll see how things go after Sunday as to what we will do with the other "X" appliqués. Delivery for the "X" appliqué are three to four weeks out. Rick will post shortly regarding signing up for preorders. Once we have appliqués in hand we will update the web. evapplique.com.

The front "T" for the face lift "S" and "X" are in process. I will pay more attention to them once we get past the install on Sunday. We will post as thing move along.

Things have been delayed a bit pending scheduling with the owners of cars.

We're finishing two installations on Sunday, February 26. As the wiring is already installed on both Model X's it will be essentially plug and play. We have new totally waterproof letter boards and a new controller (same for all new S orders). Also the larger letters on the X make the effects even more stunning. The bluetooth controller app will function the same as on the S.

The X appliqués will go on sale on our web site and Evannex in about two weeks. Cost installed should be lower as installation is far easier on the X than the S. We'll post some photos and video after the 26th installs.

We're also going to be shooting stills and video for the installation instructions.

Things have been delayed a bit pending scheduling with the owners of cars.

We're finishing two installations on Sunday, February 26. As the wiring is already installed on both Model X's it will be essentially plug and play. We have new totally waterproof letter boards and a new controller (same for all new S orders). Also the larger letters on the X make the effects even more stunning. The bluetooth controller app will function the same as on the S.

The X appliqués will go on sale on our web site and Evannex in about two weeks. Cost installed should be lower as installation is far easier on the X than the S. We'll post some photos and video after the 26th installs.

We're also going to be shooting stills and video for the installation instructions.
Any word on the face lift rear applique?

• Love
Reactions: SMSMD