Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lighted T (aftermarlet)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, Kinda like that Lighted T and was considering getting it...... Until I saw the price $239 for about $10 in material......

Too bad too, Really like how it looks. Still kinda want it.

Anyone here get it? How did install go?

I was expecting a price of around $100.00 and I would have paid that, I just don't think that owning Tesla means we should be ripped off a few led's and remote.

Hi, Kinda like that Lighted T and was considering getting it...... Until I saw the price $239 for about $10 in material......

I was expecting a price of around $100.00 and I would have paid that, I just don't think that owning Tesla means we should be ripped off a few led's and remote.

Not meaning to be snarky, but it is a free market economy and you aren't forced to buy it. If you find that the thought, design, engineering and production of aftermarket add-ons is simple, free or cheap, then you can have a go at it. Make a better mousetrap for less $$, and the world ( ? of Tesla owners) will beat a path to your door.

...off the soapbox.

Reactions: FlyF4 and Joelc
Not meaning to be snarky, but it is a free market economy and you aren't forced to buy it. If you find that the thought, design, engineering and production of aftermarket add-ons is simple, free or cheap, then you can have a go at it. Make a better mousetrap for less $$, and the world ( ? of Tesla owners) will beat a path to your door.

...off the soapbox.

You must own the company! lol.

And thanks, I may just do that! Look at Avantelle, grabbed that console because it was a reasonable price compared to the competition including Tesla.

Don't get me wrong here, but just because we can afford a car in this price range doesn't mean we should get ripped off trying to accessorize it.

- - - Updated - - -

I assume you mean the Lighted T from EVANNEX? If so, $239 is only for the front T. Both front and rear is $449!

However, I have only found instructions/products for the Model-S. Not sure if this would also work for the X.

WOW! I am going to explore designing and producing another option. I was thinking for my Model S P85D, may end up getting a Model X for the wife once we find out Canadian pricing but untill then. $449 WOW!

Thanks for the reply

WOW! I am going to explore designing and producing another option. I was thinking for my Model S P85D, may end up getting a Model X for the wife once we find out Canadian pricing but untill then. $449 WOW!

Thanks for the reply

You may want to post this (or ask moderator to move it) to the Model-S sub-forum. This is the Model-X sub-forum, so you may get more responses over there.

I agree 100%. I'll make my own as someone else on here said for acheaper price using the same methods. I made this myself out of SS and LED's for a vent plug in my DeLorean. They sell one that's made out of resin for a couple hundred dollars that is just solid black.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1466726743309.jpg
    FB_IMG_1466726743309.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 149
  • FB_IMG_1466726669800.jpg
    FB_IMG_1466726669800.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 121

But it comes with a jar of Vaseline!

Unfortunately this is true for all luxury vehicles. Ask BMW and Mercedes owners and they all get the BMW/MB tax. 4-5k for an exhaust system, few k for wraps, hundreds for black plastic trims, you name it.