TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Lighted T (aftermarlet)

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by MikeMayhem, Feb 23, 2016.

1. MikeMayhem

MikeMayhem Member

Hi, Kinda like that Lighted T and was considering getting it...... Until I saw the price $239 for about $10 in material......

Too bad too, Really like how it looks. Still kinda want it.

Anyone here get it? How did install go?

I was expecting a price of around $100.00 and I would have paid that, I just don't think that owning Tesla means we should be ripped off a few led's and remote.

• Like x 3
    • Disagree x 1
  2. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

I assume you mean the Lighted T from EVANNEX? If so, $239 is only for the front T. Both front and rear is $449!

However, I have only found instructions/products for the Model-S. Not sure if this would also work for the X.

3. JPP

JPP Active Member

Not meaning to be snarky, but it is a free market economy and you aren't forced to buy it. If you find that the thought, design, engineering and production of aftermarket add-ons is simple, free or cheap, then you can have a go at it. Make a better mousetrap for less $$, and the world ( ? of Tesla owners) will beat a path to your door.

...off the soapbox.

• Like x 2
  4. MikeMayhem

MikeMayhem Member

You must own the company! lol.

And thanks, I may just do that! Look at Avantelle, grabbed that console because it was a reasonable price compared to the competition including Tesla.

Don't get me wrong here, but just because we can afford a car in this price range doesn't mean we should get ripped off trying to accessorize it.

- - - Updated - - -

WOW! I am going to explore designing and producing another option. I was thinking for my Model S P85D, may end up getting a Model X for the wife once we find out Canadian pricing but untill then. $449 WOW!

Thanks for the reply

5. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

You may want to post this (or ask moderator to move it) to the Model-S sub-forum. This is the Model-X sub-forum, so you may get more responses over there.

6. Sean So Lowe

Sean So Lowe Member

I agree 100%. I'll make my own as someone else on here said for acheaper price using the same methods. I made this myself out of SS and LED's for a vent plug in my DeLorean. They sell one that's made out of resin for a couple hundred dollars that is just solid black.

Attached Files:

7. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

T for tacky.

• Disagree x 3
  8. Sean So Lowe

Sean So Lowe Member

But it comes with a jar of Vaseline!

• Funny x 3
  9. outie

outie Active Member

Unfortunately this is true for all luxury vehicles. Ask BMW and Mercedes owners and they all get the BMW/MB tax. 4-5k for an exhaust system, few k for wraps, hundreds for black plastic trims, you name it.

10. DynoDino

DynoDino Member

Any one asked if this will work on Model X?

11. ModelX

ModelX Active Member

I think they are working on one for the X