TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Lighted t for tesla model s

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by whiskeyrunner, Mar 4, 2016.

1. whiskeyrunner

whiskeyrunner Member

Mar 2, 2015
    2 questions for the DC/VA area Tesla owners-

1. Has anyone installed the after market "lighted T" front and back for their car? If so, any advice, recommendations, or regrets?

2. Are there any professional installers local to Northern Virginia that have done this work and come recommended?

2. CatB

CatB Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Answer to 1 - yes, have both and LOVE them. Only regret is that I lost the remote for the front and have to figure out how to fix that, so don't lose your remote.
    2. i don't know of any in NOVA, but I used a guy (recommended by artsci, the developer of them both) in Timonium, MD. I think anyone who does after-market mods could do it actually - it doesn't seem that complicated.

Come to Tesla Roadtrip in Williamsburg in May if you want to see it in person and talk to others who have done it. I'm sure you'll find plenty of advice and opinions, and I believe artsci will be there to answer questions as well :). He's very generous with his time and has done demos in the past to show people how to do the install.