Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lighted T Sign

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You might want to look for other version than Evannex.

I installed few weeks ago. It sticks out more than older version, and there is a considerable gap behind the T since the Evannex was repurposed from Model X lighted T.

I am going to use foam adhesive (redo) to occupy the gap.

Attachments

• 20210405_200553.jpg
    20210405_200553.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 1,439
  • 20210405_200955.jpg
    20210405_200955.jpg
    375.5 KB · Views: 568
  • 20210313_121526.jpg
    20210313_121526.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 597
Probably discontinued because Tesla stopped making the hole into the trunk area on models sometime after June or so. Not sure how one would power it and definitely would not be drilling a hole in the trunk.
Telsa has sent cease and desist notices to third party accessory sellers about using their logo and name on products.

You might want to look for other version than Evannex.

I installed few weeks ago. It sticks out more than older version, and there is a considerable gap behind the T since the Evannex was repurposed from Model X lighted T.

I am going to use foam adhesive (redo) to occupy the gap.
Didn't know anyone else made it. Tried googling for "lighted T Tesla" and it's all scrubbed. As someone said below, Tesla did send a cease and desist to all vendors. It's weird though cuz there are so many other Tesla symbol items out there. Just that specific one is gone. If you know of a different vendor, def let me know.

I realize what emblem light we are talking about. My point was there used to be a hole in the trunk which was convenient to run a power cable through. Early last year they discontinued making the hole so how in the world are you going to get power to it? do not think anybody would be foolish enough to drill a hole in their trunk which will rust out in a couple of years and this is why I said they probably discontinued it.

I realize what emblem light we are talking about. My point was there used to be a hole in the trunk which was convenient to run a power cable through. Early last year they discontinued making the hole so how in the world are you going to get power to it? do not think anybody would be foolish enough to drill a hole in their trunk which will rust out in a couple of years and this is why I said they probably discontinued it.
Oh interesting. Did not know they stopped the hole in the trunk. I guess a red decal is going to have to do :/

Cant find it
Tesla imposed cease and desist order to 3rd party selling items that infringes in Tesla brand earlier this year - that's why.

Like AO:

Drilling a hole isn't that big a deal. I did it on my Model X. You just put some silicone around the wire to seal it off and if you ever want to remove it, cover it with a standard logo. They only reason I haven't done it on my Y is I'm on the fence about removing the T all together and doing the Tesla letters instead.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
Probably discontinued because Tesla stopped making the hole into the trunk area on models sometime after June or so. Not sure how one would power it and definitely would not be drilling a hole in the trunk.
Well it is actually easier than you think, I did this myself on the MX 4 years ago. Took me about 45 minutes to install the T and connect it to the rear running / brake lights. Been working great ever sense. And yes, I did check with Tesla service department to understand any of their issues before doing it. The T lights up normally to match the running lights when they are on and it brightens along with the brake lights when the brake is pressed.

Reactions: NJturtlePower
Well it is actually easier than you think, I did this myself on the MX 4 years ago. Took me about 45 minutes to install the T and connect it to the rear running / brake lights. Been working great ever sense. And yes, I did check with Tesla service department to understand any of their issues before doing it. The T lights up normally to match the running lights when they are on and it brightens along with the brake lights when the brake is pressed.
Did you drill a hole in your trunk to pass the wires through? Connecting it to the running lights is simple but no way would I drill a hole in the trunk.

Did you drill a hole in your trunk to pass the wires through? Connecting it to the running lights is simple but no way would I drill a hole in the trunk.
Yes, a very small hole (about 1/8" of smaller) in the center of the T to route the wires inside. Thin metal, very easy. And I figured if I didn't like it, I could always put back on the original T that covers the hole.
Edit: I had a friend out at GF1 walk me through the process and there were Youtube videos out there as well.

Reactions: NJturtlePower