Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lighted T Sign

RoBoRaT

Zero Farts Given!
Nov 22, 2018
NorthSoCal
You might want to look for other version than Evannex.

I installed few weeks ago. It sticks out more than older version, and there is a considerable gap behind the T since the Evannex was repurposed from Model X lighted T.

I am going to use foam adhesive (redo) to occupy the gap.

Attachments

• 20210405_200553.jpg
    20210405_200553.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 20210405_200955.jpg
    20210405_200955.jpg
    375.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 20210313_121526.jpg
    20210313_121526.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 22

Midnightsun

Nov 29, 2020
Canada
Probably discontinued because Tesla stopped making the hole into the trunk area on models sometime after June or so. Not sure how one would power it and definitely would not be drilling a hole in the trunk.

vishmaker

Apr 5, 2021
New York
You might want to look for other version than Evannex.

I installed few weeks ago. It sticks out more than older version, and there is a considerable gap behind the T since the Evannex was repurposed from Model X lighted T.

I am going to use foam adhesive (redo) to occupy the gap.
Didn't know anyone else made it. Tried googling for "lighted T Tesla" and it's all scrubbed. As someone said below, Tesla did send a cease and desist to all vendors. It's weird though cuz there are so many other Tesla symbol items out there. Just that specific one is gone. If you know of a different vendor, def let me know.

Midnightsun

Nov 29, 2020
Canada
I realize what emblem light we are talking about. My point was there used to be a hole in the trunk which was convenient to run a power cable through. Early last year they discontinued making the hole so how in the world are you going to get power to it? do not think anybody would be foolish enough to drill a hole in their trunk which will rust out in a couple of years and this is why I said they probably discontinued it.

vishmaker

Apr 5, 2021
New York
I realize what emblem light we are talking about. My point was there used to be a hole in the trunk which was convenient to run a power cable through. Early last year they discontinued making the hole so how in the world are you going to get power to it? do not think anybody would be foolish enough to drill a hole in their trunk which will rust out in a couple of years and this is why I said they probably discontinued it.
Oh interesting. Did not know they stopped the hole in the trunk. I guess a red decal is going to have to do :/

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC