Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lighted Tesla T for nosecone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did this myself as well and I'm not particularly adept at car electronics either. Just watch the online video a couple of times to get the hang of the steps involved. Also making sure you have the positaps and even a voltage meter is extremely helpful if it doesn't light up the first time you have everything connected. Using the diodes to make sure the t is lit with both drl and headlight is pretty straight forward too.

I'm ready to order the "lighted T", but had one last question - when the "T" is lit, how close in color is it to the headlights and DRL lights?

A very good question. The color temperature of the headlights, DRLs, and side lamps varies more than I'd like. The HIDs are much warmer than the DRLs. The T is much closer to the DRL's and side lamps. It's a cool white.

I love my lighted T but if I could change one thing, it would be to make the LED color a bit warmer. To me its a bit too blue/purple when compared to the DRL and especially the headlights. Not very noticeable when you have it on during the day time but very noticeable at night.

In reviewing this, I was wondering... Did someone finally come up with an installation that doesn't use the remote, but has the lighted T always on? I thought I read a post about how someone would go into his garage at night and the T was his nitelight allowing him to see to get around his garage.

I thought I read about how the "always on" was dim, and then the T would turn bright with DRL or Headlights.

Any help?

In reviewing this, I was wondering... Did someone finally come up with an installation that doesn't use the remote, but has the lighted T always on?

I thought I read about how the "always on" was dim, and then the T would turn bright with DRL or Headlights.

Any help?

Fuse 75 has T always on when car is on. Always on, regardless of whether the car is on or off is another fuse, I believe the glovebox. Fuse number is listed in the instructions.

Fuse 75 has T always on when car is on. Always on, regardless of whether the car is on or off is another fuse, I believe the glovebox. Fuse number is listed in the instructions.

If the T is direct wired to that glovebox light fuse it will always be on. With a 500-600 ohm resistor wired to the circuit it would be dimmer in that state.

With another direct connection to the headlight circuit and no resistor in that connection, but with diodes in both 12v sources, when the headlights turn on it would be fully bright.

@artsci, did you know the front lighted T can survive the car wash?

image.jpg

Rear T is coming soon. Me and 2 others are waiting for beta units to test for artsci. Mine is due to arrive tomorrow.

The rear T lights up when the car's lights turn ON. Light output is designed to match brightness of rear lights. When brakes are applied, the rear T brightens to match light level of the rear brake lights.

Artsci, I have a small problem. I wired the single LED inside the car like the directions stated but when I use the remote, the T and the interior aren't synced. When the pulse shows on the interior, the strobe effect shows on the T. The on/off indicator is correct though. It's weird. Any advice on how to solve this?