Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lighted Tesla T for nosecone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some time early next year the front "T" for the Model "S" and "X" will be tied into the appliqué controller and have RGB LED's. This will let you have a white lighted "T" when driving and it will turn GREEN when charging. Still thinking about having it flash green when charging.
Any comments about special effects are always appreciated.

Reactions: NoirMS
You can get a lighted front "T" for the refreshed Model "S" at tesla-lights.net
I did pick one of these new lighted-T's up and installed it the other day. FYI, I tapped into the beige wire of the driver's side light harness using a posi-tap. The light comes on only when the car is on. They way they suggested was to wire it to the fuse box, which is always on, and to use a remote switch (included) to adjust the light, or turn it on/off.

Also, there is a bit of a problem reinstalling the center trim piece over the new T, at least on my car. There is a clip from that trim piece that is supposed to fit into a hollow space behind the T, present on the original T, but not the replacement. I am talking with the developer to come up with a solution.

I never managed to write a review of my lighted T from tesla-lights.net. I've had it on for a couple of months now and could not be happier. The level of service from them was truly extraordinary. Initially, there was a minor fit problem due to Tesla changing the clip design in the panel that fits over the T. Tesla-lights.net worked with me to design an updated version and immediately sent me a replacement.

The install was ridiculously easy, far easier than my pre-refresh cars. Just screw out the old T and screw in the new one. The wiring is fairly straightforward as well.

My only issue (nothing to do with tesla-lights.net) has been finding the correct wire from the headlight harness to tap into. I did not use their recommended install. The wire I am currently using (beige) works well, but the T stays on sometimes for hours while the car is parked. This is highly variable, as it can go off shortly after I park, and other times, it can take several hours. Given that it is LED and uses very little power, I have left it this way. It is actually kind of cool to have the car parked with the T lit up.

Perhaps this is the wrong forum for this, but my wife is getting a Model 3 sometime in the very near future. Has anyone come up with a lighted T for this vehicle? I do understand that it is a very different look, with a thin T on the hood.

WE have a lighted "T" for the Model 3 rear, Rick, I and couple of other Tesla owners are getting together this Sunday, one of the subjects we will cover will be a lighted "T" for the Model 3 ( Front ) and a lighted rear applique.

I'm sure Rick (ARTSCI) will post whatever progress is made on the "T" and the applique.

Reactions: 4SUPER9