Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lighted Tesla T for nosecone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anxiously awaiting the photos or videos of the Lighted T from Teslive.It's the only modification left on my list.

Here are a few photos. They really don't do it justice -- it looks much better in the flesh.

I have a video on my home computer and as I won't leave TESLIVE for home until tomorrow I'll not be able to post it until tomorrow evening.

DSC_3580.JPG

DSC_3585.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_3581.JPG
    DSC_3581.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 914
Now that I've figured out the complete set-up, solved all of the problems, and designed the PCB for the simple circuit, I'll install the finished version on my car next weekend. Pictures of the results will be posted then. Assuming the results are good, I'll then think about how this might be made available to other owners.

I had to leave San Jose a day early so I should be able to post the video late tonight when I arrive home.

How much?
Do you ship overseas:cool:

I have two businesses already, one that involves much travel and time, so I'm really not capable of producing these in any volume -- only a few for myself and close Tesla friends. But if I can find a way to have someone make them, I will. I'm guessing the cost would range from $150 - $200.

Installation will be the problem. As I noted earlier, that will require removing the nose cone, eliminating its plastic spring clip holder right behind the T, drilling carefully placed small holes in nose cone for the LED leads, soldering the PCB to the LED leads behind the nose cone, cutting about a 3" opening into the aluminum piece where the eliminated spring clip attaches (this to provide adequate clearance for the PCB), and making the connections for the power and wireless remote control. This would not be a difficult set of tasks for an professional installer or an experienced DYIer, but it's not for the inexperienced.

There may also be issues with using copies of the Tesla T, which is I'm sure is Tesla's IP. I want to respect Tesla's IP, so if this goes any further than personal use, I would have to get Tesla's permission.

I have two businesses already, one that involves much travel and time, so I'm really not capable of producing these in any volume -- only a few for myself and close Tesla friends.

Yea, you guys quit nagging my very best Tesla friend about this! He's a busy guy and is ESP. Busy building one of these for his best mate...me....right buddy?! ;-)

I have two businesses already, one that involves much travel and time, so I'm really not capable of producing these in any volume -- only a few for myself and close Tesla friends. But if I can find a way to have someone make them, I will. I'm guessing the cost would range from $150 - $200.

Installation will be the problem. As I noted earlier, that will require removing the nose cone, eliminating its plastic spring clip holder right behind the T, drilling carefully placed small holes in nose cone for the LED leads, soldering the PCB to the LED leads behind the nose cone, cutting about a 3" opening into the aluminum piece where the eliminated spring clip attaches (this to provide adequate clearance for the PCB), and making the connections for the power and wireless remote control. This would not be a difficult set of tasks for an professional installer or an experienced DYIer, but it's not for the inexperienced.

There may also be issues with using copies of the Tesla T, which is I'm sure is Tesla's IP. I want to respect Tesla's IP, so if this goes any further than personal use, I would have to get Tesla's permission.

200 would not be a problem and I have someone to fit it for me properly. This would be such a cool gadget to have on my S. I'm sure that you would be able to sell quite a number of them. Maybe even 100? Sign me up for one just in case!

200 would not be a problem and I have someone to fit it for me properly. This would be such a cool gadget to have on my S. I'm sure that you would be able to sell quite a number of them. Maybe even 100? Sign me up for one just in case!
Would be nice if you/artsci would consider to open source it, so we can produce locally here in Europe (Maybe with the help of Peter). I would also love one. :)