Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lighted Tesla T for nosecone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's Alive!!! I had Rick's Lighted T installed on my S today.The T is not very noticeable until the lights are turned on.The light behind the T is bright enough even with the resistor hooked up.The Oracle programmer works well also (I was worried about that before the installation).I'm still learning the program sequence with the remote.I don't have homelink and have been using the remote control of the programmer.My personal favorite is the breathing mode.
My installer asked me if I wanted the T to go on when the headlights go on and i said yes...so that's the way it is hooked up.
My nosecone has been covered in carbon fiber vinyl...T also..no chrome shows on my car...and my installer left my T that way and the light just comes out of the sides.No glare from the light at all...No, I haven't taken any pictures yet but I will post some photos in the next day or so.

Very good news for those who want to install a kit once they are available. i've been talking to Oznium and they've agreed to develop a custom diamond LED form factor in a thin, flat PCB for this application. It will fit perfectly in the T and arch channels and use side emitting diamond LEDS. It will also be waterproofed. There will be no bending and cutting of LED strips. Oznium will be make them exclusively for this purpose and they will not be available online or on a retail basis. A number of LED color options will be available: white, blue, green, and amber.

This will make installation of a kit much, much easier as the Oznium LED PCB will be installed in the T and arch ready for mounting on the nose cone. I FedExed today a T and arch off to their factory in Hong Kong for the development work to begin.

Very good news for those who want to install a kit once they are available. i've been talking to Oznium and they've agreed to develop a custom diamond LED form factor in a thin, flat PCB for this application. It will fit perfectly in the T and arch channels and use side emitting diamond LEDS. It will also be waterproofed. There will be no bending and cutting of LED strips. Oznium will be make them exclusively for this purpose and they will not be available online or on a retail basis. A number of LED color options will be available: white, blue, green, and amber.

This will make installation of a kit much, much easier as the Oznium LED PCB will be installed in the T and arch ready for mounting on the nose cone. I FedExed today a T and arch off to their factory in Hong Kong for the development work to begin.

Outstanding!

Very cool -- would b appropriate for them to do red for the rear to comply with local laws if people want to mod the rear T too :)

Awesome news though!!

The rear T will be next after we produce the front T kit. Now that I have a relationship with Oznium the suggestion that the rear T switches from white to red when the brakes are applied is a reality -- working with Oznium we can get it done.

WOW!

Aaron

Maybe retrofits will be available at TESLIVE? My car will be there!

That's a very reasonable goal and probably what I want to do. I'll be there for sure, as I was last year with my demo of the T. I suppose I could set up a stall of some kind and do installations on the spot. I've done it so many times it's become second nature.

In about 2 weeks or so I will post kit options and prices, then make them available on the Tesla Parts for Sale section of this site. We'll probably take pre-production orders for the kits at that time.

BTW, I've totally given up on the Oracle remotes. I had a third one fail last night, this time the 4 channel. It just stopped switching on the T. That's three failures out of 4 Oracle remotes purchased. I've concluded that they're making junk (made in China, of course) and have no quality control. If a company is having stuff made in China without adequate quality control, junk is what they'll get. Oznium, on the other hand, makes a very reliable remote with all of the special effects. That's what I'll be including in the kits.

Last edited:
I have some experience with what 5 years or more ago were called super bright LEDs. There are ones available now that are bluish white, which is ideal for lighted nose cone Tesla T. You can find them now for a buck or two apiece. They are bright, you don't want to be looking for long at one with it firing straight at you. They only consume 20 - 25 milli amps. You may want to experiment with various ways of directing the light into the plexiglass but I'd think ideal may be to alight the lens of the blue LED so it is firing into the plexiglass edge at the base of the T. Roughing the edges of the T around the outside perimeter should then give a reasonably uniform blue glow emerging from all around the T. Good luck! It will be another 8 or 9 months before I'm ready to order my MS, but I'll definitely want one of these. They are going to look awesomely cool at night.

We've been through all of that to get where we are. Walked away from Plexi an iteration ago. The ozniums fire on three sides so they are ideal.

Sounds great.

Where any pictures posted? Or did I miss them.

Here are a few photos of the install and results.

_DSC4131.JPG

_DSC4138.JPG

_DSC4142.JPG

_DSC4178.JPG

_DSC4182.JPG

The lighted nosecone T is the bomb!

Please let me know how to get on a waiting list for the kit.

Thanks for developing this!

There won't be a waiting list as we'll be able to produce these in volume once we're ready. Timing depends almost wholly on development of the Oznium LED pcb that will light the Ts.

Here's my current thinking about kits. Two probably will be offered.

One will have everything needed to do the install: 3D T and arch, sealed with the Oznium Diamond waterproof LED PCB installed and tested, Oracle multifunction controller, wires, tap-a-fuse, crimp connectors, resistor, and detailed installation instructions. This is likely to cost about $275.00. Installation can be done easily by a reasonably skilled DYIer or by a professional installer.

The second will include only the 3D T and arch sealed with the Oznium Diamond waterproof LED PCB installed and tested. Everything else will have to be purchased separately at each buyer’s option. That kit is likely to cost about $175.00.

A warrantee for at least two years on the functioning of the T and arch will also be provided.

I’ll post when these are available, in about a 6-8 weeks I’m guessing. They’ll be offered, appropriately, in the Tesla Parts for Sale on this site. Purchases will be made through PayPal.

Tomorrow I'll receive from Tesla the rear T and arch. So work will begin presently on lighting that as well. Development of that kit, based on what I've learned with the nosecone T, will go much faster. The plan, as with the front T, is to use a 3D printed T and arch and to have Oznium produce a PCB LED array for that as well