Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lighted Tesla T Pre-order List

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you artsci - please add me to the waitlist as well. I'd add myself but it looks like I haven't made enough posts to be granted wiki editing privileges :).

Update: just went back and voila! I can now edit wiki posts, so I added myself as #99.

Last edited:
Did you find the answer on this when you got your car back? If it goes on and off with the DRL (or headlights, either way works for me), then I'm in! The wife thought it was "a little pimp my ride", but gave it the ok :)

As my car is in the shop for accident repairs and the nose cone was destroyed in the crash. I don't have my car to test this. But I have a real carbon fiber nose cone waiting in the wings with the lighted T already installed. So I did some bench testing tonight. When the power is switched off by an external source, it does not remember the previous setting. In fact, when I used the remote to turn it off and back on the previous setting was not restored. But you have to understand that the remote has four buttons. #1 turns on the T with a steady bright light at the highest setting. Additional touches to that button dims the brightness. #2 turns on the strobe setting and additional touches speed up the flashes. #3 turns in on in heartbeat mode and additional touches change the speed of the heartbeat. #4 is the off switch.

I no cases when the T is switched off does the remote remember the settings when it was on. What this means is that you'll need the remote for any of the special affects or, if you don't have the tech package with Homelink, you'll need the remote to turn it on and off. If you skip the remote and wire power directly to the headlights or running lights it will turn on and off with those, but you'll have no ability to use any of the special affects.

As for the "pimp" factor, if your wife could see it on the car, I don't think she'd come to that conclusion. With the headlights on it looks like it belongs that way. Same with them off.

Last edited:
The pre-production beta arrived from Honk Kong today. I couldn't be more pleased. The quality is outstanding and the light bright and even. I gave the approval for production to begin ASAP. If we're lucky the first 60 will be completed and ready for shipping in about two weeks, much earlier than I expected. The second production run will begin immediately after the Chinese New Year so by mid-March at the latest we'll have enough for everyone on the waiting list.

When we're ready to take formal orders and payment I'll let everyone on the pre-order list know. That will probably be next week. Orders will be placed on the Marketplace page via PayPal. All orders will ship direct from Oznium in the US.

In the meantime I'll complete and post the installation instructions, likely also next week.

The pre-order list is up to date as of this morning.

The pre-production beta arrived from Honk Kong today. I couldn't be more pleased. The quality is outstanding and the light bright and even. I gave the approval for production to begin ASAP. If we're lucky the first 60 will be completed and ready for shipping in about two weeks, much earlier than I expected. The second production run will begin immediately after the Chinese New Year so by mid-March at the latest we'll have enough for everyone on the waiting list.

When we're ready to take formal orders and payment I'll let everyone on the pre-order list know. That will probably be next week. Orders will be placed on the Marketplace page via PayPal. All orders will ship direct from Oznium in the US.

In the meantime I'll complete and post the installation instructions, likely also next week.

The pre-order list is up to date as of this morning.
Awesome, that's good to know. Looking forward to getting this.

Just learned this am that the first production run of 60 will ship from Hong Kong to Colorado on Thursday. So the first 60 orders will ship to buyers from Oznium early next week. I will post ordering instructions today and notify all those on the pre-order list. To be fair, orders from those not on the list will be moved to the end of the line. The original beta testers are at the top of the list and get theirs free.

- - - Updated - - -

That's great news Artsci.

Are they shipping out of HK? Do you think we might have delivery before the Washington DC gathering?

Is a group installation session possible?

The first 60 should be shipping to buyers from Oznium's headquarters in Colorado early next week so those buyers should have them by the 7th or 8th or early the following week. So a group install session is not only possible but a very good idea. I can bring the required parts and tools. I'll contact the organizers to see if we can get it on the schedule.

Last edited: