Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lighted vanity mirrors same mount hardware as old mirrors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The older cars almost certainly don't have the wiring harness to get power to the visors. The mounting holes are probably the same though.

...uuuuh, not true. many older Model S do have the 12V wiring and connectors under the headliner. Not sure if the new Model S sun visor has the matching connector to the old one. For sure in my 2012 S I have the connectors. I could not find them on my wife's 2015 S. Search TMC for threads on the subject, and look for posts by herbie in NL who runs an aftermarket business.

Interesting, but looks like it's an extra hassle to install for a newer car. Mine is a 2016. It's also 125 Euros which is a bit steep for my budget at the moment.

Herbie has some interesting accessories I haven't seen from other aftermarket places.

Herbie is doing a retrofit of your mirror. But I am exploring the idea of buying current production visors from Tesla and installing them--hopefully less $$ than Herbie and made with the proper connector. The problem is matching the headliner-I would assume all current visor production is not Alcantara.

The older cars almost certainly don't have the wiring harness to get power to the visors. The mounting holes are probably the same though.
They do--at least mine does. Lighted vanity mirrors were part of the initial plan. Some folks have used the vanity mirror connection to power dash cams.

FYI, in case it hasn't been mentioned elsewhere, the new lighted vanity mirrors are a direct bolt in replacement requiring no modification except the 2 wire connector.

Just installed mine this morning.

George, you promised us free retroactive upgrades. Why did I have to spend $300 out of my own pocket when you promised us these for free??