Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lighter Shade of Blue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now may be a good time to revisit the images of paint swatches at Tesla HQ from last year.

Tesla-New-Colors-Palette-3.jpg

The color closest to the camera resembles AltPowr's Porsche blue color. The upper-left blue is along the lines of Topaz Blue. I'd be happy with any of these shades of blue, or the burgundy and green that are directly above them, just give me a color that's not bright red or black-ish.

Yeah, for me, the closest to the camera on the left is what I would prefer - more blue than either of the two greys that the Model S has and had. I could also go with the blue on second one up on the right. Bright blue looks great on the car, but I already have a bright blue Roadster.

After taking the P85D for a test drive, I filled out their survey emailed shortly after. I wrote a complaint about the color selection, and pretty much said what Gizmotoy said:

You have given us a choice of 3 whites (one is a very light silver), 3 blacks, and 1 red. On the 3 blacks, if you accidentally stand at just the right angle, out in direct sunlight, you may see a tint of blue or grey on two of them.

You have given us a choice of 3 whites (one is a very light silver), 3 blacks, and 1 red. On the 3 blacks, if you accidentally stand at just the right angle, out in direct sunlight, you may see a tint of blue or grey on two of them.

Oh the irony that this is exactly what makes me even consider the the blue. Otherwise it would be Steel Gray for me. But then, I absolutely love the dark "smokey gray" metallic of the Lexus IS.

That makes since for the Viper and Rolls Royce. While you can get other mass produced cars like Porsche in other colors, I suspect it is a big upcharge and not something where you can just pick your color on line, like with the Viper.

usually the common theme for range of color selection depends on hand built/painted vs going through an automated line using high-volume paint circulation systems

That makes since for the Viper and Rolls Royce. While you can get other mass produced cars like Porsche in other colors, I suspect it is a big upcharge and not something where you can just pick your color on line, like with the Viper.

very true - I should have clarified I was referring to the color options in the 1000's range

Hello everyone,

I am chilling at the Hawthorne Supercharger waiting for my friend's delayed flight from NY, and I stumbled across an "Ocean Blue" color.

Pics aren't that great as it is dark but you get the idea.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427093137.389111.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427093145.773481.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427093157.925056.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427093187.046291.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427093202.663497.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427093265.788968.jpg