Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lighting the front T on the Model X and facelift Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We've got an interesting innovation in our development of a lighted T for the Model S and facelift Model S. Using a new film developed by 3M they'll both be front lit. The LEDs will be front facing, positioned under a film on the surface of the T and arch that's chrome when unlit, but lets through the light when the LEDs are turned on, and diffuses it as well. The molds have been designed so we're in a position to begin production as soon as a few key details have been resolved. The Ts will be sold via Evannex when they're ready.

The photo below show a very crude approximation of the effect.

LEDs off:

LEDs on:

Reactions: ModelX and mb300sd
No photos visible !!

Sorry the editing time limit expired before I could post them. Making them front lit will eliminate all of the annoying reflections that occur when they're side lit.

Here they are:

LEDs off:

Unknown.jpg

LEDs on:

Unknown-1.jpg

ahh...thought this was the same one Jurgen was working on! There have been so many ev-applique website iterations, I can't seem to remember who is doing what! I'll keep watching this thread. if you need anyone to help test, let me know. tony c

Front and rear lighted T's are now available (tesla-lights.net) with the model 3 rear T in its confirmation stage. Standard Colors for the front and rear lighted T for the model X and S will be CHROME, MULTI COAT RED and FLAT BLACK.

The one feature for the front light T that is in the design stage is for the front T to pulse green when the car is charging .

I know Rick is pushing his light T and that is fine. You can purchase the FRONT and REAR lighted "T" for the model X or the model S
at ( tesla-lights.net ) today. The standard colors for the front and rear "T's" are CHROME, MULTI COAT RED and FLAT BALCK . I try to keep at least three pieces of each color in stock. I just make up more as needed.
IMG_1116.JPG

The above picture is of the rear "T" for a model X . If I light it up you may not see the color red.. As I get pictures on cars I'll post them. The front "T" for the model X and face lift model "S" is a 15 minute install. The rear "T" will take about and hour unless you have the lighted applique. Then it becomes a 15 minute install again.

Reactions: CKCland
IMG_1117.JPG

I wish I had a better camera take pictures but my phone will have to do. Picture on the left is a BLACK "T"
with the stop light on. Picture in the right is a CHROME wish running lights
IMG_1119.JPG
T

The rear T's are fully assembled no need to reattach the plastic "T" removed from the truck.

Front and rear lighted T's are now available (tesla-lights.net) with the model 3 rear T in its confirmation stage. Standard Colors for the front and rear lighted T for the model X and S will be CHROME, MULTI COAT RED and FLAT BLACK.

The one feature for the front light T that is in the design stage is for the front T to pulse green when the car is charging .

Hey there! I’m really interested in getting the lighted front and rear T logo for my 2017 MS from TESLA-lights.net but I can’t find install instructions for the newer models anywhere, do you happen to have them?

I contacted the “installers” listed on the site but they’re trying to charge an arm and a leg so I really would like to do it myself.

It is not that difficult to install the front and to rear "T" for the model S.

There are install instruction, just can't get access to them for the next 10 days do to my travels through Canada. We have lots of pictures
that will show you the steps on the installs. Please go to the web site and live me a message. That way I'll have your contact info