Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lighting upgrade needed: AO vs. Taptes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that the daylight is starting to wane a bit, it’s becoming more obvious that even with the premium upgrade package, the model S lighting leaves a lot to be desired. I can barely see my kids in their rear-facing seats when it’s dark. It’s clear that I’m going to need some brighter lights.

There are a few threads out there mentioning the Abstract Ocean “extra bright LED” upgrades. I noticed that Taptes sells a similar kit and wondered if anyone has any experience with these. I got my aftermarket center console from Taptes and have been pretty happy with that.

Has anyone done this upgrade (using AO, Taptes, or another brand)? Is it pretty straightforward for someone of limited technical skill?

Upgraded everything in my 2017 MS to Abstract Ocean units. I couldn't be happier. Much brighter lighting and easy to install. Puddle and door handle lights actually useful now too.

Now that the daylight is starting to wane a bit, it’s becoming more obvious that even with the premium upgrade package, the model S lighting leaves a lot to be desired. I can barely see my kids in their rear-facing seats when it’s dark. It’s clear that I’m going to need some brighter lights.

There are a few threads out there mentioning the Abstract Ocean “extra bright LED” upgrades. I noticed that Taptes sells a similar kit and wondered if anyone has any experience with these. I got my aftermarket center console from Taptes and have been pretty happy with that.

Has anyone done this upgrade (using AO, Taptes, or another brand)? Is it pretty straightforward for someone of limited technical skill?