Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lightning GT: Update on the Tesla competitor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

stopcrazypp

Dec 8, 2007
So we haven't heard anything about the Lightning GT for a long time. The look has changed and it looks a LOT more like a real car than a kit car. Looks like it will be a competitor against the Tesla roadster if and when it comes out.
Press release says £15,000 deposit: quite a bit more expensive than Tesla's. I know we shouldn't do direct conversions of currency but the car itself costs almost $300k. If I take off 17.5% VAT it's still $254k. So more than twice as expensive as the Tesla. Maybe the volume will be less so they have to offer that price. With that kind of deposit and very little information on the car, I'm not sure how many would be willing to plunk down their money. I guess we'll see.

Behold the Lightning GT. And it was good. - AutoblogGreen

Notable quotes:

-They are still claiming a sub 4 second 0-60 time and a 250-mile range although, of course, the web site still states that they, "reserve the right to change the design and specification without prior notice."

-£150,00 price tag

-The fancy PML Flightlink Hi-Pa Drive™ in-wheel motors and the Altairnano NanoSafe™ rechargeable, nano titanate battery (are) still part of the high performance equation.

- Amber Composites, the company reported to be doing the Carbon fibre/Kevlar® composite bodywork incorporating the aluminum honeycomb crushable impact cells, is also still associated with the project.