Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Like a v......, for the very first time, recharging in the wild.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ten days and one thousand miles after delivery, I decided to go 300 miles round trip. I filled to maximum over night. I drove around town to work. I drove 50 miles of site. Plugging into a fifty foot 12 gauge extension 110 volt for 6 hours gave the Tesla 20 extra ideal miles. I then drove conservatively to pick up my daughter from Purdue for the holiday. She loved the car. Slacker radio was the best as she liked it more than her Pandora.

Research on the prior day had revealed five chargers on campus (none near her dorm). There was also a charger downtown near several restaurants which had no reviews. After passing it once, we found the charger. They gave it a special spot smaller than all the other parking spaces. The press release picture shows a Think City proudly being charged. Luckily it was after 6 pm and the garage was nearly empty.

We ate a leisurely meal and I was happy to see 40 more miles. This led to spirited driving back home. I have never gone as fast in a car previously. It was effortless. In fact I did not realize how fast I was going until I looked down. The passing was so fast that people getting even the slowest version of the Model S will not be disappointed.

I am now a Model S Road Warrior veteran. ;)

Z, it was still accelerating at the rated limit of my snow tires. There was no shaking or slowing of the acceraration. I did not quite test the limiter. I am sure it will go the rated limit. I plan to check this in the spring on a track.

I researched chargers on Recargo,Plugshare, and ChargePoint. These are apps on iPhone. Purdue has multiple sites that are not listed. These are found in the Purdue web site with perseverance as I don't remember how to get to the map.

A brother of mine pushed the car around and hit 119 today with very good acceleration still occurring. He drives his GTR very aggressively. He was clearly impressed with the MSP. The only issue he noted was the tail wiggle that my car has because I have nonperformance winter tires mounted currently.

I use the cup holder every day for my Starbucks.