Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Like-new 2017 Model S & Model Xs for sale or long-term rental/lease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I notice that your focus has been on the mid to higher end Tesla trim levels - is there some financial advantage in targeting those or are you also going to be looking at the "entry" level variants? I ask because I if you were able to get down into the $6-700's/month for S 70 then that might result in a whole new group of potential interested parties (myself included).

Here are the vehicles I have left in inventory currently (see attached window stickers):

I can sell the Silver MX 90D outright to you for: $88k
I can lease this one to you for: $5k down and $1,180 a month through 12/31/2020

I can sell the White MX 90D outright to you for: $92k
I can lease this one to you for: $5k down and $1,240 a month through 12/31/2020

I can sell the Blue MX 90D outright to you for: $91k
I can lease this one to you for: $5k down and $1,230 a month through 12/31/2020

I can sell the Black MS 90D outright to you for: $82k
I can lease this one to you for: $5k down and $1,075 a month through 12/31/2020

Teslas new car warranty for each one is 4 years and 50,000 miles. It begins when the Telsa is delivered and doesn't factor any prior miles.

Silver MX 90D - 9,358 current odometer (1,941 miles and less than 3 months used on warranty)
White MX 90D - 4,067 current odometer (1,330 miles and less than 3 months used on warranty)
Blue MX 90D - 7,967 current odometer (3,720 miles and less than 3 months used on warranty)
Black MS 90D - 4,724 current odometer (1,099 miles and less than 3 months used on warranty)

They are all in excellent, like-new condition. Let me know if you’d like to proceed with a purchase or a lease application. These lease rates all assume 12,000 miles per year. It costs around $25 a month to increase that to 15k miles per year.

Thx, JD

PS. I also have a deposit on a Blue MX 90D with 6 White Premium Seats and AP2 & PUP. It can be delivered directly to you as a new car.

Attachments

• Silver X 90D - 046119 1.pdf
    228.8 KB · Views: 61
  • window-sticker-049524.png
    window-sticker-049524.png
    325.2 KB · Views: 69
  • window-sticker-049204.png
    window-sticker-049204.png
    329.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Black Model S - 199679 1.pdf
    228.9 KB · Views: 64
I notice that your focus has been on the mid to higher end Tesla trim levels - is there some financial advantage in targeting those or are you also going to be looking at the "entry" level variants? I ask because I if you were able to get down into the $6-700's/month for S 70 then that might result in a whole new group of potential interested parties (myself included).

Actually, you bring up a good point. I like to focus on leasing inventory Teslas because if there's a nice adjustment up front it removes some of the residual value risk associated with my business, which is the biggest risk with all premium cars. At the same time, we can definitely work with anyone who is qualified to lease a base Model S too.

Take this one for example:
Inventory | Tesla
It's $75,700 but if you remove the AP, the price drops to $70,700.
In that case, our deal works out to be $5k down & $754 a month through 12/31/2020 (12k miles per month).

with Auto-pilot included, our deal works out to be $5k down & $903 a month through 12/31/2020 (12k miles per month).

There you go...it's now possible to get a Tesla lease in the $700s!

By the way, one other advantage we offer is a referral program where you get $1,000 for every lease customer you refer to us. Tesla doesn't offer this benefit anymore but we do, so that's another way you can save.

OK - that makes sense. In this case it seems like a new 75D is actually cheaper (although you have to be patient...), but maybe I am missing something in the fine print.

But in any event, the $700 range is achievable - thanks for the info

How does the program work?

It's like leasing but gives you a better deal and offers more flexibility. We call them subscriptions. Basically, we take our purchase price and determine what Tesla would charge you to lease it for 3 years. We purchase the Tesla and own it outright. Then, we rent it to you on a long-term basis. We let you choose either match Tesla's price and get a 2 yr term or Match the 3 yr term and get a $100 per month savings ($3,600 in total). We also lower Tesla's lease acquisition fee from $695 to $395 and their disposition fee from $395 to $295. We let you buy the car outright at any time during the lease instead of waiting all the way until the end. Finally, we offer a customer referral program where you get paid for helping us spread the word. Overall, we're trying to help our customers to get into driving an electric car and save some money in the process. Let us know how we can help.

It's like leasing but gives you a better deal and offers more flexibility. We call them subscriptions. Basically, we take our purchase price and determine what Tesla would charge you to lease it for 3 years. We purchase the Tesla and own it outright. Then, we rent it to you on a long-term basis. We let you choose either match Tesla's price and get a 2 yr term or Match the 3 yr term and get a $100 per month savings ($3,600 in total). We also lower Tesla's lease acquisition fee from $695 to $395 and their disposition fee from $395 to $295. We let you buy the car outright at any time during the lease instead of waiting all the way until the end. Finally, we offer a customer referral program where you get paid for helping us spread the word. Overall, we're trying to help our customers to get into driving an electric car and save some money in the process. Let us know how we can help.

Just curious, because I know a question on everyone’s mind is how do you make money? I’m guessing you write off the depreciation as a business expense while taking the rental payments as income. Then, you’re charging a slight premium on the rental payment, but much less than tesla’s money factor. You keep the federal tax credits unless someone wants to buy out at the end, you take that off the price. Then, if you happen to be in California, do you get the $2,500 rebate as well for each car?

I’d love to help support your business as friends are asking me how I got such a great deal on my lease (happened to find an inventory P car with $44k discount). But I know a question I’ll get asked is, how/why is this business (Kilocar) willing to “lease” the cars so cheaply? Thanks in advance!

Then, if you happen to be in California, do you get the $2,500 rebate as well for each car?

I’d love to help support your business as friends are asking me how I got such a great deal on my lease (happened to find an inventory P car with $44k discount). But I know a question I’ll get asked is, how/why is this business (Kilocar) willing to “lease” the cars so cheaply? Thanks in advance!

He is in Colorado and gets $5,000 state rebate. He is not doing it for profit, he is doing it for referral to get a free Roadster and/or a trip to space. He is just making expenses/overhead and passing the savings to the buyer/leaser. His inventory cars are probably also on Turo since mileage goes up after he bought from Tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: Pkmmte
He is in Colorado and gets $5,000 state rebate. He is not doing it for profit, he is doing it for referral to get a free Roadster and/or a trip to space. He is just making expenses/overhead and passing the savings to the buyer/leaser. His inventory cars are probably also on Turo since mileage goes up after he bought from Tesla.
All businesses have to make a profit and this one is no different. Look at the sample lease with an option to buy, there's plenty of profit there.

All businesses have to make a profit and this one is no different. Look at the sample lease with an option to buy, there's plenty of profit there.

Yes, but that is not his main goal. He is just covering cost and making some money on the side. I bet he has a day job and makes enough to cover this "hobby". This is way he is passing the Fed credit to buyer after lease (banks don't do that).

Here is what I think is his business plan.

Buy Model S and X and refer himself
Move up in line to buy a bunch of Model 3s for each Model S and X he owns
Rent out Model S, X, and 3s on Turo and lease (Tesla don't offer leases on Model 3)
Get enough referrals for a free Roadster 2.0 from referring himself (and other goodies like powerwalls)
Get enough referrals for a trip to space (think Elon posted that they should start to get comfortable with each other)

This is a win/win situation for him and the leaser, however, I think he has more risks.

Just curious, because I know a question on everyone’s mind is how do you make money? I’m guessing you write off the depreciation as a business expense while taking the rental payments as income. Then, you’re charging a slight premium on the rental payment, but much less than tesla’s money factor. You keep the federal tax credits unless someone wants to buy out at the end, you take that off the price. Then, if you happen to be in California, do you get the $2,500 rebate as well for each car?

Hi there. Thanks for asking and I don't mind the question at all. I'm all for transparency and building trust over the long term. The honest answer is I don't know if this will be a money maker in the long run. My crystal ball isn't that in-focus for what the world looks like in 2-3 years from now to say for sure. This year, I was fortunate to sell a business that I started about 7 years ago, so I look at it on the one hand and say if I don't do anything then I'll just pay more taxes. That's a pretty lazy approach. I've been thinking about doing this business for 3 yrs and have actually been doing it on a somewhat smaller scale over that time frame. Some might call it a side hustle. It started between Christmas and New Year's when I was "inspired" to buy 12 Chevy Volts before the end of the year. Then I did the same thing the next year. But the problem is that I've always personally loved driving Teslas. This year was the first when I started to ramp up the same concept but with Teslas and I found that the model can still work but for different reasons. If we didn't have the acquisition, I probably wouldn't be quite as gung ho, but now that I've started down this path, I'm motivated to do more and more. I actually do have a bigger picture concept in mind with my company Kilocar. It has to do with EV subscriptions, rentals and ride sharing. I believe Tesla is that cool of a platform that it can create other valuable companies that are complementary and part of the broader ecosystem. It gets me excited to think about the potential here, especially with Model 3 coming, and how to try and embrace it and make it happen on a larger scale. EVs are still less than 1% of the market, that's nuts! Back to your question of making money...I sincerely hope it does make some or at least doesn't lose a ton of money. Beating the banks fees is easy since it's a large corporation and they have to cover their overhead and add in a margin factor. We don't need to worry about that, just cover our costs/time. Also, I'm not looking at this as just a 1, 2, or 3 yr proposition. I believe the fleet that we are building can be quite valuable over time if managed well. Think about a 2 or 3 year lease, when it comes back then what? Why not release it back out or add it to a short-term rental pool. Maybe use it for car sharing or ride sharing. There's a lot of potential ways you can go with it. Once you start to look at it like that, it starts to make sense how it can just break-even initially or provide some tax benefits but ultimately you are building up something pretty cool and something that actually makes a difference. Hope that helps explain it to some extent! By the way, I'm more than happy just to help you find an amazing Tesla with a serious adjustment and then have you lease it from Tesla directly too. I want me and Kilocar to be positioned as more of a guide or resource that can help a customer find the best solution to what they need or are looking for. If that is Kilocar, then great. Honestly, some of the P100D lease deals scare me because I believe the lessor is going to lose $$$ on the trade-in. So, I'd prefer to just help located it and lock it down for you! There's other ideas I have about unique ways to help out and provide value. But this is already long enough...