Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Like-new 2017 Model X 90D (Obsidian Black) for sale or long-term rental

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone.

I'd like to test the waters on a program I've been thinking about offering for a while now. My current business is being acquired as of Sept 1st, so I'm thinking now's a good time to ramp it up if there's enough interest out there.

I purchased this Tesla Model X in July 2017. The MSRP is $110k and includes AP2. It was a Tesla showroom model at the time, but purchased as a new car. It comes fully loaded. I'll upload a window sticker and some pics here shortly. Also, Free lifetime supercharging is enabled, so it transfers to the new owner, unlike the new program which is limited to the initial owner only. This is pretty standard stuff so far, right? Just make me a decent offer and it's yours.

My new idea is that if you don't want to tie up your capital, I'll also rent this Tesla Model to you until the end of 2019. That's a shorter term than if you leased from Telsa (28 vs. 36 months) and I can save you quite a bit of $$ vs. leasing directly from Tesla too. You'll be able to favorably compare it using Tesla's own leasing calculator found here: Tesla Leasing. I also include 2 free years of service/maintenance and pay for licensing & registration.

PM me if you are interested and please specify purchase or rental option. Let me know if you have any questions & thank in advance for your feedback on this concept.

Attachments

• image7(2).JPG
    image7(2).JPG
    417.9 KB · Views: 160
  • image6(4).JPG
    image6(4).JPG
    402.7 KB · Views: 148
  • image5(3).JPG
    image5(3).JPG
    404.7 KB · Views: 149
  • image4(8).JPG
    image4(8).JPG
    421.3 KB · Views: 147
  • image4(7).JPG
    image4(7).JPG
    421.3 KB · Views: 144
  • image3(6).JPG
    image3(6).JPG
    385.7 KB · Views: 137
  • image2(7).JPG
    image2(7).JPG
    416.9 KB · Views: 147
  • image1(7).JPG
    image1(7).JPG
    366.6 KB · Views: 142
  • window sticker - Black Model X 90D - 037173.png
    window sticker - Black Model X 90D - 037173.png
    554.3 KB · Views: 152
I just realized that the accurate starting MSRP on this vehicle is $107k (see window sticker). I removed Full Self-Driving but it does include AutoPilot 2. It's challenging to compare apples-to-apples versus customizing new, but if I custom order a similar one today on Tesla.com and deduct 10k for the 90kw vs 100kw battery size and then add back the $1k for the sub-zero package, I get $106,700 less $9,000 or $97,700 for my baseline comparison.

"'d like to test the waters on a program I've been thinking about offering for a while now. My current business is being acquired as of Sept 1st, so I'm thinking now's a good time to ramp it up if there's enough interest out there."

Is this program referring to this one time opportunity or are you indicating you are expanding the amount of times you will offer this in the future?

Actually, the baseline comparison price would be $101k for this Tesla for a new/custom order. My original estimate left off the leather seats (see image). This estimate reduces today's starting point by $10k for the smaller battery size and adds back $1k for the sub-zero weather package. Let me know if you have a different starting estimate.
Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 9.08.47 AM.png

If I plug the $101k into Tesla's leasing calculator, I get $1,428 per month for 36 months with $5k down. You also need to tack on another $1,090 in acquisition/disposition fees with Tesla. I'm going to go out on a limb here to say that I can offer some decent savings either as a rental or a purchase.

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 9.21.33 AM.png

"'d like to test the waters on a program I've been thinking about offering for a while now. My current business is being acquired as of Sept 1st, so I'm thinking now's a good time to ramp it up if there's enough interest out there."

Is this program referring to this one time opportunity or are you indicating you are expanding the amount of times you will offer this in the future?

Well, I'm open to expanding it in the future if there's a solid amount of interest. I'm also interested in working with qualified customers to determine exactly which configuration of Tesla they want and then trying to acquire one that matches those parameters and make it work under this same program. I can try and describe the program better in a separate post.

What is the bottom line, what is the monthly cost?

Here's the PM I've been sending out to interested parties:
Thanks for your interest in my Tesla.

Here are the details you requested. I'm asking $94k for this Telsa (Model X 90D – Obsidian Black w/ 5 leather seats & AP2) if you want to purchase it outright. Or, you can rent it from me until December 31, 2019 (28 months). The rental price is $5k down and $1,100 a month for those 28 months. You have the option to purchase it from me anytime starting in January 2018 for $89k (factoring in the $7,500 federal tax rebate) less $850 per paid month on the rental to cover depreciation.

I also cover all property taxes, registration and licensing during the rental period. After the rental contract ends in late 2019, it defaults to a month-to-month rental at the same monthly price. You would be responsible for insuring the car and covering shipping to get the Tesla to your location and back at the end of the rental (free pick-up is 100% OK too).

Hope that all makes sense and let me know if you are still interested after learning these details.

Thx, JD

Several have e-mailed and asked why or how this is a better deal than leasing or buying from Tesla. I created this comparison graphic to show the advantages of working with me. The first column is leasing a new one with similar specs, the 2nd is leasing from Tesla this exact same Tesla and the last column is what it would be working with me. Hope this explains it better.
Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 1.28.34 PM.png

This is a great deal that you're doing. My situation is similar to your original post for wanting to do this. I am a physician in the Chicago area and we had a model ass but have since had three more kids and the rear wheel drive model us just did not work for us. We are looking for the ass with rear seats or the acts but definitely with All wheel drive
We actually have excellent credit and could finance or lease through Tesla but don't want to commit to 36 months.
So your time frame is perfect for us. I don't want to commit to a payment as high as 1250 per month.
The down payment is not an issue I just don't want the payment that high anymore for our car.
Would you consider the same deal with one of their CPO model X or all-wheel-drive S with the jump seats to keep the payments lower?
Thanks! And congrats on selling your company!
Jill