Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Like new 2021 Standard Range Blue Model Y with White Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like new 2021 Standard Range Model Y. Blue with White Interior. Selling to buy Model X to have 6/7 seats.

Lots of add ons:
20” black KMC Wheels + Michelin Tires - $2000
OEM Tesla CF Wing - $1000
Avery Denison NR Nano Ceramic IR Tint 35% sides and 50% windshield - $750
Trunk and Cargo Mats
All Weather Floor Mats
Glass Screen Protector
Blue Pedals
Seat Belt Clip
White Console Covers
Wide Mirrors
Steering Wheel Booster
Blue Lug Nuts
CF T emblem Covers
Cup holder divider
LCD Screen Organizer Box
Door Handle Cubbies
Dash Mat
Door Handle Covers
Glove Box Hooks
Seat Headrest Hooks

Only 7888 miles. Clean title no accidents, original owner for 4 months. Title held by Tesla financing bank BMO Harris. Vroom and Carmax offered $53000. Asking $56888. Looking to sell by next weekend. Will upload more photos soon.

Attachments

• 18EABCCD-7AB3-434F-9292-64D4B3DB789D.jpeg
    18EABCCD-7AB3-434F-9292-64D4B3DB789D.jpeg
    748.7 KB · Views: 331
  • E6367734-A05D-4BA4-8B33-02A9EC79E10C.jpeg
    E6367734-A05D-4BA4-8B33-02A9EC79E10C.jpeg
    640.7 KB · Views: 155
  • 9159DA30-304D-49AD-A6D5-34B5AEAEA45F.jpeg
    9159DA30-304D-49AD-A6D5-34B5AEAEA45F.jpeg
    640.3 KB · Views: 154
  • 26D6884E-A66C-4CAF-B624-10745797F24E.jpeg
    26D6884E-A66C-4CAF-B624-10745797F24E.jpeg
    309.7 KB · Views: 155
  • 0262E84E-BB53-4E76-AD2A-F1EEE9E59A05.jpeg
    0262E84E-BB53-4E76-AD2A-F1EEE9E59A05.jpeg
    314.2 KB · Views: 157
  • EE4FCAC8-7FAD-446E-A70B-EFF05836EB76.jpeg
    EE4FCAC8-7FAD-446E-A70B-EFF05836EB76.jpeg
    728.6 KB · Views: 156
  • Funny
Reactions: SageBrush
Im in socal looking for model Y, but i think this is over priced.
Prices seemed to have increased by a lot recently and carmax and vroom have offered me $53000. Just trying to see if anyone is interested to pay a little more but a little less than from dealerships. If you search vroom you’ll see many standard range model Y being sold around $55000-$58000

Prices seemed to have increased by a lot recently and carmax and vroom have offered me $53000. Just trying to see if anyone is interested to pay a little more but a little less than from dealerships. If you search vroom you’ll see many standard range model Y being sold around $55000-$58000
The only thing worse than getting bent over by a dealership, is getting bent over by a private seller. At least you know dealerships are doing it because that’s what you’d expect. When private dealers do it, it’s just because they’re greedy and trying to take advantage of people who don’t know any better. Especially someone who ignored the request earlier for clarification on if this were truly the standard range model.

Reactions: morbidz
The only thing worse than getting bent over by a dealership, is getting bent over by a private seller. At least you know dealerships are doing it because that’s what you’d expect. When private dealers do it, it’s just because they’re greedy and trying to take advantage of people who don’t know any better. Especially someone who ignored the request earlier for clarification on if this were truly the standard range model.
I put standard range in my title, not sure how else more obvious to state that this is not a long range Model Y?

The only thing worse than getting bent over by a dealership, is getting bent over by a private seller. At least you know dealerships are doing it because that’s what you’d expect. When private dealers do it, it’s just because they’re greedy and trying to take advantage of people who don’t know any better.
I totally disagree with you on this statement. While the mindset of folks on a forum is different and we're trying to look out for one another, we still live in a capitalist's market. There's this thing called "Supply and Demand" that affects pricing of everything we procure. If a buyer is in the market for a vehicle (let alone $50K+), its up to the BUYER to do their due-diligence to ensure they aren't over-paying for it.

Most vehicles are going for astronomically high prices at the moment and it makes almost no sense to buy a used one. At the end of the day, sellers can ask for whatever they want, its only going to sell for what someone is willing to pay.

I totally disagree with you on this statement. While the mindset of folks on a forum is different and we're trying to look out for one another, we still live in a capitalist's market. There's this thing called "Supply and Demand" that affects pricing of everything we procure. If a buyer is in the market for a vehicle (let alone $50K+), its up to the BUYER to do their due-diligence to ensure they aren't over-paying for it.

Most vehicles are going for astronomically high prices at the moment and it makes almost no sense to buy a used one. At the end of the day, sellers can ask for whatever they want, its only going to sell for what someone is willing to pay.
Well said.

Reactions: Darmie
It's also kind of insulting to post here trying to rip people off with the price after you probably had lots of questions answered here. I'm not saying you should sell below what market value is (Tesla trade, Vroom, Carvana, etc) but at least offer it at the same price. One thing I'll note, Vroom took about 3 weeks for me and maybe 15 phone calls back and forth. They did finally pay the agreed price without any trouble, it was just very slow. I assume a private sale, even at the same price, would be a much faster deal... but don't be a jerk about the price, especially if you're "well maybe I'll just keep it."

t's also kind of insulting to post here trying to rip people off with the price after you probably had lots of questions answered here

Normally that might be the case, but it appears that this OPs entire activity on TMC is in the buying and selling subforums. There is no rule against that, so thats not what I mean. What I mean is, their posting history does not appear to be one who was participating in various subforums here, getting information on their "soon to be purchased" car.

Its mostly in the marketplace, so there likely wasnt much questions except for "how much", or "I have this thing for sale".

Normally that might be the case, but it appears that this OPs entire activity on TMC is in the buying and selling subforums. There is no rule against that, so thats not what I mean. What I mean is, their posting history does not appear to be one who was participating in various subforums here, getting information on their "soon to be purchased" car.

Its mostly in the marketplace, so there likely wasnt much questions except for "how much", or "I have this thing for sale".
Oh, that's even worse. This community is so powerful and has helped each other out so much I hate to see "bad deals" here. I get that everyone wants to make as much as possible but I would hope at the same time they would "read the room" here and offer something the community will be receptive to. Like I've debated posting mine for sale but would be very clear on what MSRP was and wouldn't list above Tesla's price. Plus I wouldn't consider the $7500 in PPF and window tint into the value at all. I wouldn't try to sell it for a Performance price or anything, just simply "hey, if you want one now I'll sell one for the same MSRP and you get one that has 3,500 miles on it but also $7,500 in paint protection and tint. It's better if you want wait, but if you don't want to, I'm open to ideas" etc. I feel like that at least acknowledges to the community that I'm not trying to sell above what a new one costs and there is some "freebie" value in there in all the extra add ons that I got, which never ever hold value.

Oh, that's even worse. This community is so powerful and has helped each other out so much I hate to see "bad deals" here. I get that everyone wants to make as much as possible but I would hope at the same time they would "read the room" here and offer something the community will be receptive to. Like I've debated posting mine for sale but would be very clear on what MSRP was and wouldn't list above Tesla's price. Plus I wouldn't consider the $7500 in PPF and window tint into the value at all. I wouldn't try to sell it for a Performance price or anything, just simply "hey, if you want one now I'll sell one for the same MSRP and you get one that has 3,500 miles on it but also $7,500 in paint protection and tint. It's better if you want wait, but if you don't want to, I'm open to ideas" etc. I feel like that at least acknowledges to the community that I'm not trying to sell above what a new one costs and there is some "freebie" value in there in all the extra add ons that I got, which never ever hold value.
So how about you don't buy it and stop whining? Whether it's a good deal or not is an issue for the would be buyer.

So how about you don't buy it and stop whining? Whether it's a good deal or not is an issue for the would be buyer.
Because there are plenty of customers that might not know the process. They might be a little off put that there isn’t a dealer they can visit and talk to… they might be used to people like Ford dealers marking up vehicles over MSRP because they’re “popular,” etc.

If they see a few comments here mentioning that it’s a horrible price, maybe they’ll pause for a moment and ask questions, do some research, or move on to another listing.

Reactions: bee-unit
Well, if you don’t like the price you can easily move on instead of turning a for sale thread into a bashing game.

I didn’t put $7500 for PPF and tint. I put $750 for tint, which people in California does value a lot because the sun is so strong here most people tint their cars.

for the record, I’m not here to rip people off. I simply posted for a price that is between dealer offering and retail. The market has gone up and you thinking I’m here to rip people off seems a little ignorant.

here are a few screenshots of current standard range Model Y PENDING SALE on vroom at almost $60k. Take it as you will, but I’ve gotten quite a few offers at $54k in the past few days.

Attachments

• A229CAE9-F1C7-4F73-A9C8-6A89F057F3FF.png
    A229CAE9-F1C7-4F73-A9C8-6A89F057F3FF.png
    1 MB · Views: 111
  • 3D4864E2-2B90-44A4-AEA8-65660E29831F.png
    3D4864E2-2B90-44A4-AEA8-65660E29831F.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 133
for the record, I’m not here to rip people off. I simply posted for a price that is between dealer offering and retail. The market has gone up and you thinking I’m here to rip people off seems a little ignorant.

No, it’s not near retail. For less than $500 more you can get a brand spanking new LONG RANGE Model Y from Tesla. That’s a 40% difference in battery size for a few hundred bucks more.

Vroom is screwing people over. They don’t educate customers the difference between standard range and long range. The average customer won’t know what a 50kWh battery means vs 75kWh. Vroom might not even be mentioning that it’s a difference between rear wheel drive and all wheel drive. Depending when it was purchased the actual retail of a Blue on White Standard Range Y was like $46,400… and possibly as low as $44,400.

The used market is strong, but a car with almost 8,000 miles on it hasn’t gone up $10,500 above what it was sold for.

Vroom and Carvana aren’t all that accurate with Tesla. It usually is fantastic for people trading in but poor buyers are absolutely getting worked over on the prices they sell for.