Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Like your black Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You said you plan to keep your car for 10 years.

I'm biased, as I have a Blue/White Model Y, but if you get the black version, I'd think every time you see a blue Model Y, you'll wonder if you shouldn't have waited.

It's two months, you save money and you'll end up with the color you honestly want.

Wait.

Reactions: 808litt
I love my all black everything Model Y. It looks better than any other color by far, when clean. All the other colors, you see the contrast of the cheap plastic in the back and you don't on the black car. That right there is reason enough to get black. It looks terrible on white to me.

I'm on my third black car. I understand why people don't want to buy one because of the maintenance but I never ceramic coated my car until I got my MY. It's much easier to maintain and worth the cost. However, I do hand wash my car once every 2-3 weeks. With black, you'll see the water spots after washing it and you'll have to use a detail spray to get rid of it. So if you have don't have the patience and time to handwashing often, then don't go with black.

I’ve always owned a black car. They are always much harder to maintain. But they are also at the best when they are maintained. PPF and ceramic is almost mandatory with black cars. If you have disposable income then yes, if not stick with the blue. Now which one looks better, IMHO, black always looks sharper.

4D76A780-F6D6-454D-B2D5-94DB91E9B80C.jpeg

Reactions: 808litt and GeoG
I was a no black car ever kind of guy but when the price is right and that’s the color I get quick, I end up with a. Black.
My 2022 M3 LR MSM and my 2018 Suburban. Tesla is Ceramic coated and the Chevy isn’t. I hand wash the Tesla and run the Chevy through a car wash that I have a membership to. I use PS Bead Maker as a drying aid. Leaves the paint slick and shiny.
B05C9379-AE41-4D47-8783-4DDDE0992F73.jpeg
708FE142-C34C-46CB-A17D-0236C0F7FCE7.jpeg

Black is the sharpest color when clean. I’ll be getting ceramic when mine arrives. Either Modesta or System X. Worth the money. So much less time spent cleaning. Quick power wash and foam cannon then finish with blower. I am in the OCD camp😩😂