Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lime Rock Park - 59.5!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I last ran Lime Rock Park in 2020 with my 2018 Model 3 Performance and set a lap time of 1:01.5.

This time out I took the 2021. Despite the cars being relatively similar in terms of modifications, I knocked an entire two seconds off my lap time. I've learned a lot about chassis setup on these cars in the last few years, and my goal for this event was to break one minute. That all came together pretty nicely yesterday! Sub 1 minute on street tires, in a four-door sedan that weighs over 4,000lbs is pretty good!

PXL_20220513_140007467.MP.jpg

I last ran Lime Rock Park in 2020 with my 2018 Model 3 Performance and set a lap time of 1:01.5.

This time out I took the 2021. Despite the cars being relatively similar in terms of modifications, I knocked an entire two seconds off my lap time. I've learned a lot about chassis setup on these cars in the last few years, and my goal for this event was to break one minute. That all came together pretty nicely yesterday! Sub 1 minute on street tires, in a four-door sedan that weighs over 4,000lbs is pretty good!

View attachment 804284
Awesome.

What was your setup for this run, and what was different between this one and the 2018 M3P?

Awesome.

What was your setup for this run, and what was different between this one and the 2018 M3P?

So for setup, it really depends on the driver and supporting mods, but a good baseline is zero toe all around. These cars don't really like toe-in. Run the front suspension softer than the rear. Sway bars should be soft and adjust as needed.

Main differences were the 2018 was on MCS 1WNR Coilovers versus the 2021 on MPP Sports w/ Super Sport Springs.

2021 has the MPP Wing versus the 2018 with the UP High Downforce Spoiler. 2021 using MPP sway bars versus 2018 using UP sway bars.

Finally, 2018 was on Hankook RS4 versus 2021 on Falken RT660's.

Great lap!

It's hard to tell from the in-car. How light does the car get over The Uphill?

Without the wing it would get pretty light but easily manageable, with the wing it just feels like a little bump.

Nice!

Wheel specs? We’re they different from before? Was the difference meaningful?

I think last time I was at Lime Rock I was running APEX ARC-8's in a 18x9.5 ET35.

This time I was on Martian Wheels MW03 19x10.5 ET25. The rears are a really tight squeeze though, I ended up around 4 degrees of camber to get them to fit without rubbing. Ordered a set of the new MW05's in 19x10.5 ET40 to fix that.

I think last time I was at Lime Rock I was running APEX ARC-8's in a 18x9.5 ET35.

This time I was on Martian Wheels MW03 19x10.5 ET25. The rears are a really tight squeeze though, I ended up around 4 degrees of camber to get them to fit without rubbing. Ordered a set of the new MW05's in 19x10.5 ET40 to fix that.
Thanks! Did you move up to 19s for handling / feel or aesthetics? Did it make a difference?