TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Limit 85

Discussion in 'Model S' started by aollivierre, Dec 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. aollivierre

aollivierre Member

I know someone who is driving a p85 with a speed limit of 85. How do you remove?

2. kodek

kodek Member

Is "someone" driving a service center loaner? If so, you probably shouldn't mess with it.

3. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Voltage makes me tingle.

Call Tesla, they will remove it if the car is not a loaner.

• Like x 2
  4. Sprandt23

Sprandt23 Member

That is the Demo/Loaner setting on the car that restricts the speed. You can call Tesla and have it removed over the phone if it is your own car (they won't remove it on a loaner obviously). But you have to be parked, and I believe reboot the system for it to take effect.

5. Don TLR

Don TLR Active Member

Just use your app to reset it or touch the screen under settings to remove valet mode. I inadvertently set mine to valet playing around on my app without noticing, I had to pull over put in park, switch off and then get back on the the road, no reboot for me..

6. Chaserr

Chaserr Member

Valet mode is 70 mph, loaner mode is a bit higher. Sounds like the car has Laner mode tirned on, that is a SC-only thing to enable/disable

7. Don TLR

Don TLR Active Member

Thanks for correcting me... Wish I could delete my uninformed comment now..

8. BerTX

BerTX Supporting Member

Yeah, none of us have ever done that. :rolleyes:

Although all you did was mention what happened to you, and someone else may put themselves in Valet accidentally. You may prevent them from calling it in!

• Like x 1
  9. Mirlen

Mirlen Member

Doesn't need a reboot but does need to be stopped and in park before they will do it... Did this on mine a bit ago, called up support and said "Hi, I need you to make my car faster." They knew exactly what I meant.

10. aollivierre

aollivierre Member

Thank you all for the help. We called the dealership and they fixed it quickly OTA. Thanks

11. wdolson

wdolson Well-Known Member

The service centers sometimes use returned lease or trade in cars for loaners until they are sold. It may be someone forgot to turn off loaner mode when the car was sold (if it was bought used).