Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Limited Context Sensitive Help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gnuarm

Model X 100 with 72 amp chargers
I've only had my model X since Aug and was still getting used to the User Interface (UI) when it was significantly changed with the new software update. Ok, I can live with that. But now I'm starting over again and having to view all the controls many of which I had researched in the manual, did a "set and forget". So now I need to research them all again since I don't know which are new/different. It occurred to me that while there are a few items which have an "info" button beside to bring up the pertinent manual page, why don't they ALL have that? It would make learning your car so much easier, especially for the spouse/friend who only drives the car occasionally.

I scanned many of the pages of controls and found none without sufficient space to add an info button. Why wouldn't they include this?

When I was picking up my car at the dealer one of the reps listened to some idea I had and said to another... "we should tweet Elon about that". I thought she was just pulling my leg. But is that for real? Would Elon actually see a tweet someone sent him? I don't tweet, but if someone else wants to, please do. I can't think why they would leave this off the screen.

After the update last night I'm sitting in the car with nothing else going on other than reading the release notes and I realize the headlights were on. I couldn't find out why. I could turn off the car and they'd go out. Every time I did anything to read the notes the headlights would come back on. It would have been nice to have an info button beside the headlight control to read about the the control's operation without having to punch the screen half a dozen more times to get to the manual.

Reactions: P85_DA and Bogobec