Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Limited power" warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently while speeding along the fast lane of the motorway on a long trip to Scotland on the hottest day of the year our car started slowing down to about 40 mph and an alert message said "Limited power available - (or it might have said "Reduced power") Exiting and re-entering your car may resolve the issue."

So I left the motorway when I could, infuriating other motorists as I was now driving at about 30 mph. We left the car, locked it and then re-entered. This did indeed seem to fix it and mercifully we were not troubled again.

However I have experienced this before, about 10 months ago not long after I took delivery. I had also noticed it when we started off in the morning.

Can anyone shed any light on this? From previous research it may either be a random bug (I filed a bug report about it) or something to do with an oil pump, which would nee much more of an issue... We have another 900 mile trip on Monday and so I don't have time to get Tesla SC to look at it.

"Bug report" doesn't go to Tesla. Make a Service appointment and tell them you filed a bug report. Give them the date and time and they can check your car logs for that report to see what was happening.

• Informative
Reactions: Cogarch