Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Limited Time: 100 kWh Battery Upgrade (S/X), Ludicrous+ Capable, 2 Year Warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you have any sort of reset you can do to the packs to bypass the reduced supercharging speeds? I would be interested in you doing this to mine if you can. I travel a lot and supercharge a lot and the reduced supercharging speeds are painful.

Unfortunately the only thing that is kind of doable is to downgrade the entire vehicle to early 2019 firmware. Only really possible on MCU1, and even then you'll have to contend with some other issues related to being that far out of date.

Given the rationale behind the throttling and other changes, I don't do this for people nor to do I recommend it.

Best option for better supercharging speeds is to upgrade the battery pack to an unaffected version.

I'm launching a page soon where you can price and schedule upgrades at 057. Similar to the service plan page, punch in the last 6 of your VIN and get a list of options and estimated prices.

Would love to upgrade to 100 kWh, but ya definitely too expensive.
We were trying to think of a fair way to get people in line for less expensive ones when they come around, instead of posting on TMC and such each time... but can't really come up with a fair way to do it that makes sense. I don't want to be sitting around holding on to people's money indefinitely while waiting on a good deal 100 pack.

Pricing on the new site is everyday pricing that we can do the upgrades for, estimates adjusted slightly based on the specific vehicle's configuration, age, etc. So yeah, going to be higher, but people do still want upgrades... so, here we are.

Should I have an option for layaway 100 packs? (Semi serious... lol)

We were trying to think of a fair way to get people in line for less expensive ones when they come around, instead of posting on TMC and such each time... but can't really come up with a fair way to do it that makes sense. I don't want to be sitting around holding on to people's money indefinitely while waiting on a good deal 100 pack.

Maybe you could do a 10-day ebay style auction -- and only run one auction at a time for the "next available good deal 100 pack", so you're only holding a non-refundable* deposit for one person at a time. Or you could do a sealed-bid auction to the highest bidder. But I guess you already considered things like this.

** I guess it could be refundable under certain conditions, like if the bidder's car is totaled or sold.

Reactions: Sig72 and xAgyex
Maybe you could do a 10-day ebay style auction -- and only run one auction at a time for the "next available good deal 100 pack", so you're only holding a non-refundable* deposit for one person at a time. Or you could do a sealed-bid auction to the highest bidder. But I guess you already considered things like this.

** I guess it could be refundable under certain conditions, like if the bidder's car is totaled or sold.
We thought about doing an auction for it, and I'm still considering that. To be fair it'd just have to be completely refundable, though. My main thing is I don't really like us holding on to someone's money without something actually being in the works for the order, which isn't really doable when it's just waiting for the right opportunity that could take some extended period of time.

With the regular upgrades/sales/etc, we generally either have the products ready, they're somewhere in our supply chain, or they're moments from being one or the other. We easily have a dozen battery packs in the pipeline at any given time, so, it's just a matter of when one's ready to be put to an order (usually a few weeks at this point, due to demand).

For someone waiting on a particular deal, though, not sure how I feel about it in general. At the same time, I know there are people who have been waiting specifically for a 100 upgrade deal that have missed out the last couple of times I've posted, but I also don't think it's fair to just pick one of them and let them know first.

*sigh*

Will figure something out.

My VIN (P85+) only shows 85 and 90kWh options - no love for RWD? :-(

A RWD 100 isn't a standard configuration, and we decided not to promote non-standard configs at the moment. While we can technically do it, there are a lot of caveats that would make it less appealing than just purchasing a new vehicle (no more firmware updates, for one).

A RWD 100 isn't a standard configuration, and we decided not to promote non-standard configs at the moment. While we can technically do it, there are a lot of caveats that would make it less appealing than just purchasing a new vehicle (no more firmware updates, for one).
A - We don't get firmware updates anyway, and
B - throttle steering is fun!

A - We don't get firmware updates anyway, and
B - throttle steering is fun!
I mean, if your wallet can take it I can make a RWD Tesla with a 100 kWh that has roughly 650 HP (pulled from the battery, so ~600 at the wheels).

RIP tires.

(Only had it pushing about 530 HP at the wheels when I did this ^)

Pricing on the new site is everyday pricing that we can do the upgrades for, estimates adjusted slightly based on the specific vehicle's configuration, age, etc. So yeah, going to be higher, but people do still want upgrades... so, here we are.

Should I have an option for layaway 100 packs? (Semi serious... lol)

I think your new update to the web page is great. I also think auction will be a good idea too, but honestly if folks have the cash at hand it will almost always be best and easier to just find it on your web page and purchase it out right and work with you to schedule install. We all understand the risks here. I just whish I could get a 100 pack upgrade for under $10,000 and that is a pipe dream for now...hahaha =D

I can talk to the wrap guy and see what we can do. 😁

Mine nfortunately lost its life in the incident below a couple years ago.
I remember that video. I didn't know which car it was or the outcome. Bummer.

Given 30 seconds with Google gave me the business owner's name on the second search, I hope the insurance/police had a conversation with him about hit and run/leaving the scene.

EDIT - and 4 min with street view to find the scene of the crime. I really need to install that Blackview that's been sitting on the shelf!

Last edited:
I remember that video. I didn't know which car it was or the outcome. Bummer.

Given 30 seconds with Google gave me the business owner's name on the second search, I hope the insurance/police had a conversation with him about hit and run/leaving the scene.

EDIT - and 4 min with street view to find the scene of the crime.

Yeah, we got it worked out. The guy did stop about a half mile away after the shoulder opened up a little. He claimed he thought he only hit the barrier and the white SUV that he tried to avoid, and followed the SUV to a stop ahead.

🤷‍♂️

Dash cam saved the day on that for sure.

I really need to install that Blackview that's been sitting on the shelf!
I highly recommend installing it. You'll really regret it if something happens where it would have been useful. If you're not up for a full install, just put it up on the windshield and power it from the 12V outlet until you do a more permanent install. There's plenty of wire to route it over a sun visor and down and around the back of a seat to the console. Better than nothing.

I've had one sitting in a box for almost a year that I've been meaning to put in my old pickup truck that I use for a couple hundred miles a year... and sure enough got t-boned by a guy running a red light when I was hauling some building materials with it. No dash cam, so had no proof of who ran what, and the other driver wouldn't admit anything. Fortunately was able to get with a couple of local businesses in the immediate area that had security cams and get footage proving the other guy ran the light. Insurance was going to pay zero without that.

I installed it now... but, a bit late.