Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Limited Time Supercharger Activation Discount

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Tesla is offering for a limited time $2k SC activation:

To celebrate the opening of new supercharging stations, Tesla is offering the supercharging upgrade post delivery for only $2,000 for a limited time!

Doh! Just activated mine 09/17 - maybe I can get grandfathered in :p

Looks like Tesla is offering for a limited time $2k SC activation:

To celebrate the opening of new supercharging stations, Tesla is offering the supercharging upgrade post delivery for only $2,000 for a limited time!

Doh! Just activated mine 09/17 - maybe I can get grandfathered in :p

Glad I saw this. I was planning on activating it later this year anyway. Just saved $500.

What do they do for $2k? Is it all software related? If so $2K is a lot of electricity.

They installed all the supercharger hardware in the car whether you configured for it or not, effectively eating the cost at build time. Their assumption is that people will see the light and pay for this hardware (and the free charging) after the fact. Worked for me!

What do they do for $2k? Is it all software related? If so $2K is a lot of electricity.

True you could replace that with paying an RV park for hours of charging but you pay for speed and hopefully availability of Supercharging while traveling. Each group of chargers costs Tesla at least $150,000 so that fee helps pay for that as well.

@Btrflyl83 : You might contact them and see if you can be grandparented in - I wrote them and they are looking into it for me, although my activation look place 09/17, so a little closer to the announcement. I'll post here with any updates regarding that.
Let us know the outcome, if you're successful I will try. Otherwise, I will still consider it my $500 mistake when I configured. I didn't believe enough that the network would really happen. Silly girl.

My employer reimburses $3,000 for the purchase of a low carbon emission vehicle and I already received that so... I considered myself up by $500. (I had completely forgotten about that program, so it did not factor into my purchase decision)

Spoken like someone who never pays for software or fees for the server infrastructure for clouds.

You have to pay for those? Last time I was in overseas, I paid $10 for MS Office, does that count :biggrin:

My employer reimburses $3,000 for the purchase of a low carbon emission vehicle )

NICE! Would expect that in CA, but FL, very cool!

Sadly in Texas most employers would consider a diesel pick-up a 'low emission vehicle' :wink:

Last edited:
Kind of my point. When people underpay (legally or otherwise) for the work of others, their notion of the worth of things gets skewed.

I hope I do not come across the wrong way with this comment, but do you not get his sarcasm? I have read a lot of posts over the last couple of months, and you are certainly one of, if not the biggest contributor on TMC (Thanks for that BTW). That being said, I have seen a number of examples where your reply to someone who says something in jest either indicates you
A: Do not get the joke.
B: Get the joke, but do not want to acknowledge it in fear it will encourage others to try and be humorous.
C: Get the joke, and have such a dry sense of humor that you are replying with your own joke that I am too dumb to understand.

What am I missing? I am a newbie here, so maybe I am just totally missing your intentions with your responses.