TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Linc Group Installs Next-Generation EV Charging Stations in Southern California

Discussion in 'North America' started by NigelM, Aug 23, 2011.

1. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Buddy of mine who works for Linc Group sent me this:

The Linc Group Installs Next-Generation Electric Vehicle Charging Stations at South Coast Air Quality Management District in Southern California​

NEW YORK, NY – Aug.22, 2011 – The Linc Group (“Linc”), an ABM Industries (NYSE: ABM) company, continues its leadership position in installing of electric vehicle charging stations, with its most recent installations in Southern California. The stations were commissioned by the South Coast Air Quality Management District (AQMD), the regional air pollution control agency for Orange County and major portions of Los Angeles, Riverside, and San Bernardino counties. Linc completed installation of the EV (electric vehicle) charging stations just two weeks after being awarded the project by AQMD.

The new stations provide free charging services for all drivers of EVs, including AQMD employees and the public. The charging stations are designed to work with all types of plug-in electric vehicles. The new charging stations, along with other charging stations across the state, can be quickly located via an iPhone®, iPad and iPod touch application, which can be downloaded free of charge from the iTunes App store. The App will also locate alternative fueling stations for hydrogen, propane and natural gas.

Ken Sapp, vice president of ABM Energy said, “Zero-emission and low-emission plug-in electric vehicles (PEVs) provide a great driving experience with little to no emissions and also help the U.S. reduce its dependence on foreign oil. Widespread consumer adoption of the newest plug-in vehicles will largely depend on having adequate charging infrastructure where drivers need it most. ABM has installed hundreds of EV charging stations across the country and we are pleased to be doing our part to increase the rapid deployment of EV infrastructure in California.”
    “Providing dependable, advanced energy-related services is at the heart of ABM’s commitment to all of our clients. We will continue to work with cities and organizations across the country to create greater access to these next-generation charging stations for drivers of electric vehicles.”

View attachment AQMD EV Charging Stations_Linc EnergyHub.pdf

2. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

I'll bite.

Where are they?

3. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

The stations or the apps? How should I know, I use Blackberry and I live in Florida.... Seriously though, here's a link that might help, but I was forwarding the message as there are apparently new free charging stations in the SoCal area. Just figured that you would know who/what AQMD is. I'll ask my buddy tomorrow if he can get more info.

4. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

AQMD
    Air
    Quality
    Management
    District

The PDF file had no location listed or even an App link. Ask your buudy where I can plug in!

5. Odenator

Odenator P2607

6. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Thanks, You have narrowed it down to a city.

A good choice as long the site is near the shopping and food there.

7. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Old news?
    Electric Vehicle Charging Services Arrive in Laguna Beach as Coulomb’s ChargePoint Network Expansion Continues into Southern California

8. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

9. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Here's the mail I got back:

The Apps are available free on iTunes for iPhone here. There are links for Blackberry and Android also on the front page of the website.

10. jimbakker666

jimbakker666 Member

Favorite part.