TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

LINCOLN/Ford

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by jackstesl, Jun 26, 2013.

1. jackstesl

jackstesl Member

I was in Richmond VA from Northern VA and had to top off some miles while at a meeting so I stopped at a level 2 charger at Richmond dealership and after 30minutes I check by my app on car and it is not charging. I call and ask dealership and nice lady checks and power cable was moved slightly and she corrects it. Still no go. So I come back to car (without enough charge to get home) and the machine is off! Of course there are people checking out car. Now I want to give them benefit of doubt but I think they purposely turned the charger off! This made my trip back hard had to stop for dinner and charge at a friendly Nissan dealer. It wasted over an hour of my time. Can I do anything about this like report the Ford Lincoln dealer?? If not at least I can make sure I don't buy another lincoln since my wife drives one!
    just wondering what thoughts aRe,
    thanks

2. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

Did you ask permission to charge there first? I'm surprised they let you charge there at all. From what I've heard, most Nissan dealerships (except for the super-friendly ones like the one you mentioned) won't let Teslas charge there.

At least there will be a Supercharger in the Richmond area soon...