Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lincoln Navigator Gull Wings?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How big will your garage need to be for those doors to open??

@loganintx _ I'm thinking it might fit in this one.
2015-08-29 16.30.50.jpg

Yep, Lincoln tried to copy but missed a critical point. Since the doors are gull-wing and not double-hinged, you'll have to have an empty parking space on both sides to open the door. Looks to me like you need a good 2-3 feet of clearance on either side to open the door. And naturally, the minute you make the door double-hinged (which they'll most likely realize they need to do once they get their heads out of their a**es), the problem becomes much more complex.

Probably an epic fail in an attempt to copy Tesla...

...but hey...sincerest form of flattery, right?

I think it's been nearly a decade since I understood the aesthetics Lincoln has been going for. Honestly, it's as though they've been hiring a Chinese design firm. The front and rear styling gets progressively more pronounced, and absurd.

The one glaring thing missing in this picture is the accompanying refueling vehicle required to keep this 'boat' moving.

In the U.S. there are these things called gas stations (over 100,000 of them) where you can go and refuel the vehicle, so you would not need a refueling vehicle.

You can buy this vehicle and buy enough carbon credits for the average person for 25 years and still save money.

In the U.S. there are these things called gas stations (over 100,000 of them) where you can go and refuel the vehicle, so you would not need a refueling vehicle.

You can buy this vehicle and buy enough carbon credits for the average person for 25 years and still save money.
Gas stations? What are those? In the Tesla world those don't exist. Oh, wait. I think I saw something like this in a couple of Bjorn videos. I think he bought some hamburgers there once or twice. :)

Reactions: Drivin