Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lincoln Navigator Gull Wings?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

J1mbo

Aug 20, 2013
UK
Looks like Falcon Wing Doors might be a "thing" after all...

9L6A9183vrg.0.jpg

Lincoln Navigator Concept

Now they just need to dump the ICE - looks like plenty of room for a battery under that huge floor :)

Reactions: hdnyc
"Navigator’s design is, fittingly, inspired by the world of luxury boating. This includes its swept-back style"

Unlike any other car Navigator's swept-back was 'inspired' by luxury boating! I bet 3.5 liter, 400hp engine was inspired by the formula 1. Sometimes I miss marketing talk.

I always like concepts--then reality steps in. Speaking of steps, where is the handrail so you don't fall off when they are wet or covered with snow? And seeing how it is IC powered, where does the exhaust system go when the steps retract? I doesn't even look like there is enough room between the steps under the vehicle (assuming the drivers side has them also) to leave enough room for anything powertrain related. If it is truly 'inspired' by luxury boating where is the mandatory swim platform? Maybe the liftgate folds down to form that necessary component.

As much as I love the FW for the rear, it would drive me crazy to have to wait for them every time I wanted to get into car. I'm finding I love them for passengers, but I no longer put my daily "stuff" (e.g. briefcase, shopping bags) in the back seat. Rather I use the trunk door instead. If other carmakers decide to go this route, they should pay VERY close attention to the experience with the X.

I searched for more info and pictures to see if these were falcon winged or gull winged. Could not find anything that said they were articulated as falcon wings. If not it will be a big failure.

And the Lincoln Navigator is a big hog like it always has been.

Hmmmm, big, heavy big-butt Detroit SUV. I wonder how many dinosaurs this beast will suck out of the ground?
HA!!! +1 to ^. Good point. I know people will disagree, but I can't wait until gas prices spike again. That seems to be the only way to get people to change their thinking about fossil fuels. When gas hit $4+ a gallon here in the US, GMC and Chevy were GIVING their trucks away - $18k off MSRP and such. You'd think we'd be happy with the savings, but I was furious that their trucks had that much profit built into their pricing. Yuck