Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Line waiter - lost priority for LR-PUP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks: I was a 3/31 res holder for two M3's - his and hers. Took delivery of the first M3 in April, and was laid off a couple of weeks later. Have been sitting on my second reservation awaiting job prospects. Since things have improved financially, I was about to pull the trigger on the second M3. Heretofore, my second res was reporting 3-6 weeks for delivery of a LR-PUP ($49k ver). Today, it shows 3-5 months. (Line waiter and now, current owner, who just sold da' wife's car.)

Am I SOL? Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Hi folks: I was a 3/31 res holder for two M3's - his and hers. Took delivery of the first M3 in April, and was laid off a couple of weeks later. Have been sitting on my second reservation awaiting job prospects. Since things have improved financially, I was about to pull the trigger on the second M3. Heretofore, my second res was reporting 3-6 weeks for delivery of a LR-PUP ($49k ver). Today, it shows 3-5 months. (Line waiter and now, current owner, who just sold da' wife's car.)

I'm a hr1/day1 reservationist w/2-3 weeks delivery estimate for long range rwd...now 3-5 months!? I think this must be a temporary glitch.

For comparison, I'm a first day reservation holder too, I don't have a current Model 3 because I've been waiting the whole time for a Performance version. My time is now 2-4 months.

Although, if you've already ordered then 3-6 weeks is probably reasonable, but if it's a brand new order then yes likely out of luck as they pivot to doing huge performance and AWD batches.

Did you order? If you already ordered before yesterday, 3-6 weeks is realistic. If not, there is a flood of new orders and your order will be at the back of the line so 3-5 months makes sense.

Except, as far as I can tell, there haven't yet been a flood of new invites. Yet. They've just opened up AWD and AWD+P to people who already had invites. So the number of people with RWD orders likely hasn't increased much at all -- yet. So the delay only makes sense if RWD production rates will plummet in favor or AWD production over the next few days/weeks.

My guess is that if you order now, it'll be closer to 2 months for performance and 3 months for other configurations. Once new people are invited to configure in July, it'll get closer to 4 months for performance and 5 months for others configurations. Tesla doesn't want to keep changing the delivery estimates daily.