TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Line waiter - lost priority for LR-PUP?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Big Dog, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Big Dog

Big Dog Member

Hi folks: I was a 3/31 res holder for two M3's - his and hers. Took delivery of the first M3 in April, and was laid off a couple of weeks later. Have been sitting on my second reservation awaiting job prospects. Since things have improved financially, I was about to pull the trigger on the second M3. Heretofore, my second res was reporting 3-6 weeks for delivery of a LR-PUP ($49k ver). Today, it shows 3-5 months. (Line waiter and now, current owner, who just sold da' wife's car.)

Am I SOL? Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

2. brobinson

brobinson Member

your status as a line waiter doesn't matter once you have received your invite to configure.

3. Hotlobstah

Hotlobstah Member

I'm a hr1/day1 reservationist w/2-3 weeks delivery estimate for long range rwd...now 3-5 months!? I think this must be a temporary glitch.

4. TT97

TT97 Member

Did you order? If you already ordered before yesterday, 3-6 weeks is realistic. If not, there is a flood of new orders and your order will be at the back of the line so 3-5 months makes sense.

• Like x 2
  5. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

For comparison, I'm a first day reservation holder too, I don't have a current Model 3 because I've been waiting the whole time for a Performance version. My time is now 2-4 months.

Although, if you've already ordered then 3-6 weeks is probably reasonable, but if it's a brand new order then yes likely out of luck as they pivot to doing huge performance and AWD batches.

6. jsmay311

jsmay311 Member

Except, as far as I can tell, there haven't yet been a flood of new invites. Yet. They've just opened up AWD and AWD+P to people who already had invites. So the number of people with RWD orders likely hasn't increased much at all -- yet. So the delay only makes sense if RWD production rates will plummet in favor or AWD production over the next few days/weeks.

7. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

This is exactly what's happening.

• Like x 1
  8. Legolas

Legolas Member

Me too :( Been holding out for White interior on the LR. Based on the new pricing/package release I am not hopeful anymore.

9. EricUSC

EricUSC Member

My guess is that if you order now, it'll be closer to 2 months for performance and 3 months for other configurations. Once new people are invited to configure in July, it'll get closer to 4 months for performance and 5 months for others configurations. Tesla doesn't want to keep changing the delivery estimates daily.

10. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

Yep
    Waiting in line or reserving got you to the invite. After which your priority will be set based on order date.