Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LINK EV Pass - expiry??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i've got an EV Pass that lets you park at select Link affiliated carparks free of charge 10am-10pm. lately it started showing "card is now expired" when i try to enter carparks with it.

having looked on Link's website, they seem to have shut off application indefinitely.
EV Pass

so i called up to see if mine could be renewed as it may not fall under new application. the staff who answered on the phone was as unclear as i was on the issue, she took my details and said she'll get back to me under 5 days.

anyone else using their card/ having issues? just for comparison, my card says Issued Date 28-01-2016. there is no expiry date on it, and i was using it successfully in april 2017 so it doesn't seem like the card has a one-year valid period.

i've got an EV Pass that lets you park at select Link affiliated carparks free of charge 10am-10pm. lately it started showing "card is now expired" when i try to enter carparks with it.

having looked on Link's website, they seem to have shut off application indefinitely.
EV Pass

so i called up to see if mine could be renewed as it may not fall under new application. the staff who answered on the phone was as unclear as i was on the issue, she took my details and said she'll get back to me under 5 days.

anyone else using their card/ having issues? just for comparison, my card says Issued Date 28-01-2016. there is no expiry date on it, and i was using it successfully in april 2017 so it doesn't seem like the card has a one-year valid period.

Did you change the license plate or enter with a non-ev? In that case they may cancel your pass.

I've given it more than 5 days but had no reply, I called via the LINK help line again to no avail after being forwarded to various people numerous times.

I've also tried Mr.Fung's number above but it goes to a modem, with that signature modem dialing noise.

Spiritually, I'm at a loss at the moment.
Physically, I'm outside the LINK carpark gate in chai wan wishing the card would function as it should. IT'S NOT THE 22 DOLLARS ITS THE PRINCIPLE!!!11!one!eleven1! Oh well.

EDIT: I tried Mr Fung's number again, it keeps going to modem after a couple rings still

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Titus
Sorry to hear that, I just tried mine in Shek Lei this morning fingers crossed it's still working...
From the sound of it, they just don't want to renew or fix any old cards and are trying to stall/pray that people just give up out of frustration. Wonder if they have a physical office...

I tried to call the Link about the EV pass before, apparently management of the participating car parks are outsourced to several different companies, and it is very difficult to reach them by phone.

My case was I changed my registration plate number as my wife sold her car and she wants to keep her number, which is currently used on my model S. I submitted all the documents for updates to Temple Mall North. Then Sheung Tak plaza called me to ask if I was using my card on a different EV. I told him what happened, then he said, Temple Mall North did not update your record, luckily you entered (Sheung Tak) in an EV (which is the same car I registered on day one), or we will consider it as fraud

OMG, I called Temple Mall North multiple times trying to fix this, and well, no one answered. So I asked Sheung Tak if I can submit the documents to them, someone from their side told me to go back to Temple Mall North

Wonder if they have a physical office...

I tried car park shroff in Temple Mall North, no one knows what I am talking about

It was over one year by now and I would like to wish the OP good luck before I go to jail for fraud..........