TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Linked key to stereo favorites?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by bariiings, Sep 22, 2017.

1. bariiings

bariiings Member

maybe I'm missing something since I've only had the car a little bit. The wife and I each have separate profiles linked to our fobs.
    Why is the favorites on the radio not linked to our key fobs like our seats are?
    The wife listens to some junk. She rarely drives it, but when she does she favorites songs on the slacker radio and then they get replayed when I'm in the car constantly.
    There has to be a way to fix this
    2017 MS 90D

2. AcidTest

AcidTest Member

Having recently gone through a good bit of trouble figuring out how to customize Slacker I can sympathize. My suggestion would be to get the car Slacker account credentials from your service center. Log in to Slacker on your web browser and go to the My Music tab. Look for the "Stations and Specials" section of that page. You should be able to customize what's there including add/delete songs & artists, rename stations. Note - I wasn't able to create a station here on the browser, I had to create a station in the car and then login and modify in the browser, but then the updates conveyed to the car.

3. GTIceman

GTIceman Member

They do not sync and I can't figure out why Tesla didn't include the radio into the driver profiles

• Like x 1
  4. mandersen

mandersen Member

Are you serious? My 2014 Infiniti does this.. that is a huge miss IMHO.

5. GTIceman

GTIceman Member

Serious, it amazes me

6. SUN-day Driver

I contacted Tesla to ask for this backin 2013 when I got my first Model S because we don't both like the same stuff. Got a canned "Thank you for your suggestion" response.

7. Dameon

Dameon Titanium P90DL

I think they're are referring to Internet radio. The preferences for that are stored with the provider (Slacker) and are linked to a Slacker account login name.

My car switches AM/FM stations with FOB.

8. bariiings

bariiings Member

I am speaking about the internet radio, but I dont have a profile set for that. Have never logged into it in the car.

9. GTIceman

GTIceman Member

We never listen to AM/FM so internet radio is what we mean. Favorites are stored in the car and it shows a combination between tuneIn and Slaker so it could be linked to FOBs. Smartest car on the planet.

10. Gig103

Gig103 Member

My 2008 BMW 335i did it too (but my 2013 G37 doesn't). There's also no way to re-order the favorites short of deleting and readding them in the order you want. Welcome to Tesla infotainment!