TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Linking User Profile to Keyfob

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Skotty, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Skotty

Skotty 2014 Model S P85

I know some folks said this would be nice to have in the past, but did you all know that it already exists? Am I the last person to find this out?

Just discovered it a couple of days ago. Somewhere in the UI, we were able to link driver profiles to specific keyfobs. I haven't personally tested it, but based on what my wife said, sounds like it automatically switches to the linked profile when the corresponding keyfob is used (not entirely sure if it happens as soon as keyfob is detected or if you have to press a keyfob button; I would assume the former, but would have to test to be sure).

2. MacLeodMX

MacLeodMX Member

It's automatic, as I discovered, quickly sitting in the car after grabbing the wife's keyfob and finding myself in rather cramped quarters!

• Funny x 1
  3. Chaserr

Chaserr Member

I discovered it last week as well. Very nice! Was this an 8.0 / 8.1 thing? It's great to have the car adjusting the seats and wheel for me before I'm in the car.