Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Linking User Profile to Keyfob

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Skotty

2014 S P85 | 2023 F-150L
Jun 27, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I know some folks said this would be nice to have in the past, but did you all know that it already exists? Am I the last person to find this out?

Just discovered it a couple of days ago. Somewhere in the UI, we were able to link driver profiles to specific keyfobs. I haven't personally tested it, but based on what my wife said, sounds like it automatically switches to the linked profile when the corresponding keyfob is used (not entirely sure if it happens as soon as keyfob is detected or if you have to press a keyfob button; I would assume the former, but would have to test to be sure).

I know some folks said this would be nice to have in the past, but did you all know that it already exists? Am I the last person to find this out?

Just discovered it a couple of days ago. Somewhere in the UI, we were able to link driver profiles to specific keyfobs. I haven't personally tested it, but based on what my wife said, sounds like it automatically switches to the linked profile when the corresponding keyfob is used (not entirely sure if it happens as soon as keyfob is detected or if you have to press a keyfob button; I would assume the former, but would have to test to be sure).

Ours doesn't work .It won't recognize which fob is in the car. You can't identify which fob is in the car as the control center doesn't indicate one way or the other. It simply won't hold it's settings. To say it's annoying is an understatement. My wife is seriously pissed off by it and I can't say I blame her.