Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Liquid Glass

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have heard good words about Liquid Glass from non-Tesla folks but so far have not seen this mentioned in the posts. Anybody out there with experience using it? How does it compare with other polishes/sealants/protectants such as as Glare or Zaino? :confused:

I used Liquid Glass on my Model S because it doesn't have any abrasives and was quick to put on and remove. I was really impressed! I'm not sure if I know how to attach a photo but I'll give it a try here. This photo is the incredible shine/reflection from the hood of my black Model S after only one coat of Liquid Glass (they recommend multiple coats for best results). I've never had a mirror like shine like this on a car before. I also bought a bottle of GLARE but I have not tried it yet because it sounds like its much more work so I wanted to try the Liquid Glass first.
2013-05-04 16.24.07.jpg
2013-05-04 16.25.15.jpg

FWIW I am really happy with the 4 coats of LG I put on my MS. Here is pic to show mine with LG next to one of the same color without who just happened to park next to me at an EV charging station:

LiquidGlassonMS.jpg

Of course mine is the highly reflective one in the front. But to be full disclosure, I coat on top of the LG with a wax to make the shine deeper. LG is super tough and shiny, but it looks a bit like you put saran wrap on the car if you do it alone. To counter this, add the wax on top and then it looks amazing IMHO. In case it is not obvious, those are the clouds in the sky reflected on the car. And this was an opportunity shot on my iPhone, not a setup.

And it does have petroleum distillates, aliphatic hydrocarbons at that. So you should not use it over paint protector film. Jerry33 is correct. I don't have any on my car so I don't worry about that.

Cheers.

PS--The stuff is illegal to sell in CA because the aliphatic hydrocarbons somehow make it not CARB approved. It's not illegal to own, just illegal for vendors to sell to CA residents or within the state lines. Now if you had a friend you could ship it to who gave it to you as a gift on the other hand...

:D

Last edited: