Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Liquid sloshing / rear of vehicle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I've noticed a sloshing sound emanating from the back of the car. It's been raining over the past few days in our area, but the interior of the car is dry. I'm thinking water is collecting in the aero shields or maybe the battery tray. The earliest service appointment is the 28th of June, so we'll see if it evaporates by then, lol. I'm wondering if their are any drain holes that migh be blocked.

This sound serious enough to warrant a drop-in at your closest service center. There's NO WAY I'd wait 15 days with water sloshing around in ANY CAR, especially one with very complex electronics below the floor.
Yea, I'm going to drop by Tesla in Tysons Corner today since I'm in the area. Another possibility is the a/c condensate is not draining out of the car - I haven't noted any wet spot after parking.

Yea, I'm going to drop by Tesla in Tysons Corner today since I'm in the area. Another possibility is the a/c condensate is not draining out of the car - I haven't noted any wet spot after parking.

If you hear sloshing, you are breeding mold and mosquitoes, so I am happy you are getting it checked out... let us know what the cause was :)

Keith

Here's the update on the sloshing - turns out that a 12 pack of canned sparking water in the back seat was responsible for the noise, lol. *Somebody* didn't remove it from the car last time they went shopping, and I guess that the sound reflecting off the back hatch window made it sound like the noise was in the trunk area. Problem solved without a(n embarrassing) service visit....

Here's the update on the sloshing - turns out that a 12 pack of canned sparking water in the back seat was responsible for the noise, lol. *Somebody* didn't remove it from the car last time they went shopping, and I guess that the sound reflecting off the back hatch window made it sound like the noise was in the trunk area. Problem solved without a(n embarrassing) service visit....
Best outcome we could have hoped for :)

Keith

PS: Did you discover this BEFORE the service department was involved???

Reactions: cancoi
Best outcome we could have hoped for :)

Keith

PS: Did you discover this BEFORE the service department was involved???
Yep - I couldn't get an appointment until the 29th, and even though I stopped by the Tysons Corner location, they never responded to the QR code check-in procedure they have for walk-ins - aka no human service advisors in view (all Oz-like behind the curtain.) Definitely not like BMW or Audi... I had checked the trunk area for water initially, but decided that since the wait was going to be 2 weeks, I started a front to back inspection. Checked the frunk, then the front seats under the slop mats, then under the front seats, under the slop mats in the rear seats. At that point I noticed the 12 pack on the back seat behind the driver next to the door (aka not visible from the front.) Since I never use the back seat, I wasn't expecting anything to be back there. Picked up the 12 pack, shook it - and it was apparent, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: cancoi