Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of 120kW Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Assuming such a list is not currently maintained anywhere else, this is my attempt to create one. If you have experienced 120/135kW charging at a supercharger in North America, please report here. Or if you find a post by anyone in any other thread which specifies 120/135kW charging experience by someone at a specific Supercharger, please cite here.
Once we have two reports/citations for any particular supercharger, I will update the list below.

List of Superchargers enabled with 120/135kW charging:

1. Flagstaff, AZ
  2. Holbrook, AZ
  3. Kingman, AZ
  4. Quartzsite, AZ
  5. Atascadero, CA
  6. Buelton, CA
  7. Gilroy, CA
  8. Harris Ranch, CA
  9. Los Angeles, CA
  10. Tejon Ranch, CA
  11. Vacaville, CA
  12. Newark, DE
  13. Mishawaka, IN
  14. Burlington, NC
  15. Gallup, NM
  16. Springfield, OR
  17. Woodburn, OR
  18. Somerset, PA
  19. Blanding, UT
  20. Burlington, WA
  21. ​Centralia, WA

Last edited:
Did they upgrade the SC or the car?

From what I recall, the charger from the start was 120kW capable, being made out of 12-stack 10kW normal chargers. Just 90kW limited by the car's demand. They just soft-upgraded all B-battery cars to 120kW. Maybe they re-labelled the 90kW to 120kW.

Yes, I have not seen a "90 kW" Supercharger since I got the software update. I think the concept that some are still 90 kW may be due to reports from the early VIN A-battery folks before the issue was understood. And Elon did say when he announced 120 that it was just going to be a software update.

Anyhow, I just got back from a roadtrip to Portland and can confirm that Tejon, Harris, Vacaville, Corning, Mt. Shasta, Grants Pass, Springfield, Woodburn, and Detroit Lake are all 120. Also: Atascadero, Buellton, and Quartzsite are 120 from previous trips.

Did they upgrade the SC or the car?

From what I recall, the charger from the start was 120kW capable, being made out of 12-stack 10kW normal chargers. Just 90kW limited by the car's demand. They just soft-upgraded all B-battery cars to 120kW. Maybe they re-labelled the 90kW to 120kW.

Gilroy's old set of superchargers are all labelled 90kW. Never tried them to be sure though.

... From what I recall, the charger from the start was 120kW capable, being made out of 12-stack 10kW normal chargers. Just 90kW limited by the car's demand. They just soft-upgraded all B-battery cars to 120kW. Maybe they re-labelled the 90kW to 120kW.

Are you sure about that? I got my car delivered just before Christmas, and have charged at the Fremont, CA supercharger a few times since then. I only get to 90kW, and never higher. And yes, I have made sure I am not sharing power with anybody every single time.

Are you sure about that? I got my car delivered just before Christmas, and have charged at the Fremont, CA supercharger a few times since then. I only get to 90kW, and never higher. And yes, I have made sure I am not sharing power with anybody every single time.

What's your battery type?
(I did try to check first before asking but didn't see it listed in the battery wiki or search in the 90-vs-120 thread).

Somebody has a nice spreadsheet with this data collected on it, as well as address & number of bays at each location... wish I could find it again.

In any case, these are also 120kW units:

Newark, DE
Glen Allen, VA

What's your battery type?
(I did try to check first before asking but didn't see it listed in the battery wiki or search in the 90-vs-120 thread).

How can I find my battery type? I did see pictures of the label on another thread, but did not really understand how I can see it.
Having got the car in Dec 2013, is it possible that I have an old battery type that does not support 120kW charging?

- - - Updated - - -

Since all new Superchargers are built for 120kW, it's probably going to be better to track which older ones haven't been upgraded yet.

You are right. I guess we should switch the list at some point.

As was said above, ALL Superchargers were built as 120kw from day one. They were just software limited to 90kw. As we now know, some of the early cars cannot charge past 90kw even if the Supercharger software has been upgraded to allow for 120kw. Here's the label from the original Supercharger at Harris Ranch from October 2012.

2012-10-20 16.41.51.jpg

How can I find my battery type? I did see pictures of the label on another thread, but did not really understand how I can see it.
Having got the car in Dec 2013, is it possible that I have an old battery type that does not support 120kW charging?

1. Turn the steering wheel all the way to the left and peek in under the front wheel house on the passenger side. You should be able to spot a white label attached to the battery pack. If the serial number ends with "-A" then you have an old pack and are likely limited to 90kW.

2. Very very unlikely. If you do I would raise hell about it.