Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of 18" wheels for P3D+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't buy the EV01+, or frankly anything from Fast Wheels outside of Canada. I bought a set in December, and after just two months the aero inserts rubbed the finish off the inset parts of the wheels. Fast Wheels agreed it was defective manufacturing and agreed to cover it under warranty, and then after a couple weeks of silence, completely backed out - not because they no longer think it's defective, but because they don't want to pay shipping on a new set. Offered me $140CAD to repair all 4 wheels. Warranty has zero reference to sales outside of Canada not being covered. Total bs.
Can you post this in this thread on TOO? This is concerning. On my set there was a ton of gunk behind the covers after a few months of driving, I can totally see how it could kill the finish.

To add some more info on the Martians, the combination of weight savings on the wheel and the tires from the stock 20s has been making the car about .1 seconds consistently in the 1/8 and about .12 in 1/4. This is with power levels around 68% as the only place in WA next to a supercharger keeps getting bad weather. Car runs about 7.38-7.40 @ 95 in the 1/8 @ 66%
11.63. Had another 3 with stock 20s running 7.48-7.50 consistently with similar battery levels. Hoping for a full power run one of these days. @Sam1
The 225 width Pilot 4S have not complained one bit, no power cuts on any launches albeit i havent been able to get any launche above 70% so we will see what a little more power does to them but so far so good.

To add some more info on the Martians, the combination of weight savings on the wheel and the tires from the stock 20s has been making the car about .1 seconds consistently in the 1/8 and about .12 in 1/4. This is with power levels around 68% as the only place in WA next to a supercharger keeps getting bad weather. Car runs about 7.38-7.40 @ 95 in the 1/8 @ 66%
11.63. Had another 3 with stock 20s running 7.48-7.50 consistently with similar battery levels. Hoping for a full power run one of these days. @Sam1
The 225 width Pilot 4S have not complained one bit, no power cuts on any launches albeit i havent been able to get any launche above 70% so we will see what a little more power does to them but so far so good.
Keep us updated! I would love to get a similar set up but im worried that at full charge it might start to spin

Well updating with a new run today at Renegade Raceway in WA, 94% run @ 11.480 in the 1/4. Out of 6 runs tonight between 82 and 94 I only experienced power cut on a single run but it most likely had to do with my tires picking up too much random crap near the burnout box. The first run at 94 and then 92 didn't have any cuts and it was 11.48 and 11.505 back to back. Lmk what yall are running as I think thats as fast as it will go for now with this setup and me in there.

• Love
Reactions: Ferociious
Anybody have the “fast wheels” in either FC04 or innovation ?
I’m Looking for a winter setup for my performance 3 (red brakes) wondering what size and offset would give a good look (not too tucked and no poke)
Going for 18” but not sure if I need 8 or 8.5 wide ? Most seem to be +40
I’m in Calgary with a LOT of snow although I do have a specific winter beater so the model 3 won’t see a whole lot of use especially on the worst of days

Anybody have the “fast wheels” in either FC04 or innovation ?
I’m Looking for a winter setup for my performance 3 (red brakes) wondering what size and offset would give a good look (not too tucked and no poke)
Going for 18” but not sure if I need 8 or 8.5 wide ? Most seem to be +40
I’m in Calgary with a LOT of snow although I do have a specific winter beater so the model 3 won’t see a whole lot of use especially on the worst of days

I got FC04 wheels but in 19x9.5 for the track.
If you go for 18’s in ET40, I recommend 8.5” wide. The 8” will look pretty tucked in.
My Fast Wheels EV01+ in 18x8.5 already looked tucked in enough, especially the rears.

Got my EV01(+) mounted. There's probably 3-4mm clearance between the rear caliper and the rim. The wheel has 70.2 bore for a few mm, and then the 64.1mm needed to sit on the hubcentric. Was a breeze to mount. My non-OEM center caps were kinda loose in the wheel, so I'm keeping the ones supplied with the wheels for now.View attachment 486790

Can you link which specific set you got? I'm assuming you got this set:

Fast Wheels EV01(+)

I have no idea what goes on with wheels, I just want to move away from the 20s on the performance. Is there a reason you got the +35 instead of the +40? And if you did go with the 70.2 bore, did you use some sort of spacer to make it fit? Thanks!

Can you link which specific set you got? I'm assuming you got this set:

Fast Wheels EV01(+)

I have no idea what goes on with wheels, I just want to move away from the 20s on the performance. Is there a reason you got the +35 instead of the +40? And if you did go with the 70.2 bore, did you use some sort of spacer to make it fit? Thanks!
Yes, those are the exact wheels I got. +35 is the stock offset. +40 will probably fit as well. Those are hubcentric, 70.2 is just the outer width, which then narrows to 64.1. No spacers/adaptors needed.

At the price I paid it was worth it, I think. If canadawheels refuses to ship to US now and refers you to FastWheels' US shop that charges hundreds more, I'd skip. There are plenty of wheels in the $1300 range.

The wheels are standard-grade cheap chinese cast wheels, dirt accumulates under the aero covers and scratches the paint, bolts that hold aero covers can strip if you're not careful. I run them in the winter and they are fine for that.

I went with Martian wheels, 18*8,5. With slightly bigger 245/45R18 tyres. They look awsome, it's a ET28 rim, whichis a little wider than stock, combined with the fatter tyre, looks really good.
Ride comfort compared to the stock 20" PS4S is excellent, quiter, more comfy, steering is more precise, but still very confident at high speeds. Also 10% less energy consumption on average. I went with Pirelli Cinturato All season Plus tyres, which are a little heavier, didn't look at the tyre weight unfortunately.

View media item 121624View media item 121622View media item 121578

I went with Martian wheels, 18*8,5. With slightly bigger 245/45R18 tyres. They look awsome, it's a ET28 rim, whichis a little wider than stock, combined with the fatter tyre, looks really good.
Ride comfort compared to the stock 20" PS4S is excellent, quiter, more comfy, steering is more precise, but still very confident at high speeds. Also 10% less energy consumption on average. I went with Pirelli Cinturato All season Plus tyres, which are a little heavier, didn't look at the tyre weight unfortunately.

View media item 121624View media item 121622View media item 121578
Those martians look slick! Wish they weren’t quite so expensive

Has anyone compared the efficiency of the 18in Martian wheels to the 18in EVO1(+) wheels? The Evo have the built in aero covers but the martians are a touch lighter.

I'd like to put a winter set on my M3P of whichever brand saves more range, but hard to find a direct comparison anywhere

Aero is far more important than weight for general efficiency. My money is on the EV01 with the covers.
From what I've read, that does make sense. I did find the weights of the specific martian wheels and apples to apples they are 3lbs less per wheel that the EVO(+) without covers and 3.5lbs less than EVO1+ with the covers, so a savings of 14lbs of unsprung weight compared to the EVO1+.

However, I'm still going to save 30lbs with the EV01+ 18 in wheels compared to the stock 20in wheels on my M3P.

Definitely leaning toward the EV01 with the covers, but if someone know the relative range comparison of losing 14lbs of unsprung weight vs aero covers, I'd love to hear from them.

Reactions: ElectricIAC