Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of confirmed Australian Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good news ! - Thanks for the info. Was it from Tesla US or Local?

If they are aiming to have production deliveries before 31 December, we could have our very own Quarter end rush. Would be great to have a massive increase in the Teslas on the roads! (I was going to say explosion, but somehow it didn't sound right...)

Was from Tesla in Sydney.

To be fair they said they were "aiming" for before Xmas, so there are probably some other factors that need to come into play.

Deliveries

Oh, weren't they 'aiming' for October?

I don't mean to be cynical, but this mob ain't great at hitting delivery targets.

Still, they gotta be right eventually.

Ladies and Gents,

I love Tesla! I know you all do too. We all complain, whinge, and say harsh things, but the reality is we would not want to buy any other car and will be extremely proud that we will have those cars than others who are just thinking about this.

In the meantime, every one of you should understand that there are regular promises and "Tesla" promises. One would understand this by reading this forum (say North American or European threads), but all of which (discrepancies) would be forgotten when you have a product that is world class and truly amazing.

I have been meaning to give away my car when I get the Tesla, I know I'm frustrated and I know most of you have plans that are being disrupted, but lets just hang in there for their "Pre Xmas" delivery date.

Peace.

Thanks for the update Timpoo. Good news! Was the phone call spontaneous from Tesla or something jetcharge related?

I am going to NZ for Christmas on December 23 so I can pretty much guarantee that is the date mine will be offered for delivery. Perhaps Steve West could pick me up from the airport as consolation!

What reservation number were you Timpoo?

Thanks for the update Timpoo. Good news! Was the phone call spontaneous from Tesla or something jetcharge related?

I am going to NZ for Christmas on December 23 so I can pretty much guarantee that is the date mine will be offered for delivery. Perhaps Steve West could pick me up from the airport as consolation!

Just spontaneous - Tim (from Tesla Sydney) said he's been away and is just catching up on calls now, so I expect that everyone will eventually get a call. They are certainly working VERY hard!

Don't worry mate, I'll pick yours up for you :D

By the way - some other tidbits: paperwork will be organised ahead of time, so if you plan to change your registration details since you confirmed (like I have), then you need to update your details on My Tesla (my advice, not theirs). They will accept bank cheque or direct deposit. Not sure about credit card I didn't ask. I'm assuming no to cash haha!

Looks like they will be working all through the traditional break period to make this happen. Spare a thought for the poor Tesla guys as well!

Tesla's new email update just hit my inbox. I don't like this bit;

We have now also identified a location in Melbourne for the construction of a sales and service center. We’ll provide you with more updates on its progress in the months ahead.

'Months' ahead?

I'm probably reading too much into it and December 23rd is still locked in.

No phone call for me today. :-(

We have now also identified a location in Melbourne for the construction of a sales and service center. We’ll provide you with more updates on its progress in the months ahead.

'Months' ahead?

Ominous wording indeed for a pre Christmas delivery in Melbourne !

Oh, Timpoo - please record us as 'in transit' from the factory. Tks.

'Months' ahead?

This sounds promising - it was only 3-4 weeks ago that they finalised the Sydney site. If Melbourne follows the same timeline, then it should be fine to deliver the Sigs ex Sydney and production deliveries for the Southerners can be made from Melbourne 3-4 weeks later.

Still a chance for Santa to deliver a special present.

Hoping rather than expecting.

Didn't receive an email though :-( or a phone call....

This sounds promising - it was only 3-4 weeks ago that they finalised the Sydney site. If Melbourne follows the same timeline, then it should be fine to deliver the Sigs ex Sydney and production deliveries for the Southerners can be made from Melbourne 3-4 weeks later.

Still a chance for Santa to deliver a special present.

Hoping rather than expecting.

Have any Melbourne owners had the option of delivery via Sydney, as per other states?

- - - Updated - - -

OK so I now realise that Timpoo has 'had the call' but did they confirm whether the delivery to Melbourne would be to a local SC or via Sydney?

Maybe I shouldn't be so pessimistic then.

Here's the whole email;

Dear Model S reservation holder,

We’re pleased to report that Model S has received an overwhelming response in Australia. We’d like to thank you for your patience and support so far. We’re moving as fast as possible to get established in the country.

Our Sydney service center is on track for completion in the fourth quarter of this year, at which point we’ll be able to commence Model S deliveries. We have now also identified a location in Melbourne for the construction of a sales and service center. We’ll provide you with more updates on its progress in the months ahead.

If you haven’t checked the details on your MyTesla account in a while, now is a good time to do it. It will help us make the delivery process as smooth as possible. Now is also a good time to sign up for a test drive so you can show your friends and family what Model S is all about.

We received many excellent suggestions for Supercharger locations in Sydney after last month’s email. We’re also considering Supercharger sites in Melbourne, so we’d love to hear your suggestions for that too!

Thanks again for being a Tesla customer.

Tesla Motors

I really have no interest in a Supercharger in Melbourne, and I can't think of a useful location that I'd be prepared to visit. Except perhaps Swinburne University where there are already electric car charging facilities. That's purely selfish though as I live walking distance from there.

Timpoo: some corrections and additions to the spreadsheet for TAFKALF:

Current Order:

VIN: 595XX
In production: 9.10.2014
In transit: (not yet)

Additional Order:

User: TAFKALF
State: Qld
City: Gold Coast
VIN:
Order confirmed: 13.10.2014
Charger Installed: 4.8.2014
Model: P85D
Sig?: No
Colour: MC Red
Roof: Pano
Wheels: 21" Grey Turbine
Interior: Black Leather
Decor: Carbon Fibre
All options yes except Subzero, Sound

And, a correction for me:

VIN: 595XX

Last edited:
Maybe I shouldn't be so pessimistic then.

Here's the whole email;

Dear Model S reservation holder,

We’re pleased to report that Model S has received an overwhelming response in Australia. We’d like to thank you for your patience and support so far. We’re moving as fast as possible to get established in the country.

Our Sydney service center is on track for completion in the fourth quarter of this year, at which point we’ll be able to commence Model S deliveries. We have now also identified a location in Melbourne for the construction of a sales and service center. We’ll provide you with more updates on its progress in the months ahead.

If you haven’t checked the details on your MyTesla account in a while, now is a good time to do it. It will help us make the delivery process as smooth as possible. Now is also a good time to sign up for a test drive so you can show your friends and family what Model S is all about.

We received many excellent suggestions for Supercharger locations in Sydney after last month’s email. We’re also considering Supercharger sites in Melbourne, so we’d love to hear your suggestions for that too!

Thanks again for being a Tesla customer.

Tesla Motors

I really have no interest in a Supercharger in Melbourne, and I can't think of a useful location that I'd be prepared to visit. Except perhaps Swinburne University where there are already electric car charging facilities. That's purely selfish though as I live walking distance from there.
Rural owners travel to Melbourne and so would benefit from a Supercharging station. I've already made a suggestion that Tesla should talk to Officeworks about using some of their carpark at their KingsWay store in South Melbourne - close to all freeways and central

I have a fully loaded Sig P85+ "In Transit". When the D was announced I quickly dismissed the thought of reordering - maybe I would have thought differently if I was in the production queue but still probably would have kept the P85+. Mainly because I don't want to add any further delay.....
If you do opt for a D later on down the track maybe we can talk ;)

I have a fully loaded Sig P85+ "In Transit". When the D was announced I quickly dismissed the thought of reordering - maybe I would have thought differently if I was in the production queue but still probably would have kept the P85+. Mainly because I don't want to add any further delay.....

I'm officially off the books for Signature P85+. Number 1 Model S reservation holder in Aus just went way down the list as today I confirmed a switch to the P85D. My brother has opted to stick with his original reservation. Hopefully he and other early reservation holders will receive cars before Christmas.

I hope that once Tesla have opened their first two service centers in Australia —and now that RHD production is already set up — Tesla's delivery date estimates will be a lot more accurate. Anyone taking bets on whether the P85D will be delivered in June?!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm officially off the books for Signature P85+. Number 1 Model S reservation holder in Aus just went way down the list as today I confirmed a switch to the P85D. My brother has opted to stick with his original reservation. Hopefully he and other early reservation holders will receive cars before Christmas.

I hope that once Tesla have opened their first two service centers in Australia —and now that RHD production is already set up — Tesla's delivery date estimates will be a lot more accurate. Anyone taking bets on whether the P85D will be delivered in June?!

Guess I'd better change my avatar pic. Signature red no longer available to me, so I've gone with grey!