Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of confirmed Australian Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a motion-activated alarm powered by an independent 12V battery. It used to be an option for the European market, but it disappeared from the design studio a few weeks ago. Perhaps it's been made standard.

James from Tesla Australia phoned me today to say that the security package is being removed from my order, but apparently it doesn't change the spec. of the car.

He said it was a mistake - this package is only offered in Europe to meet regulatory requirements there. I expect a few others in Oz with pending orders will get/have got the same phone call.

James from Tesla Australia phoned me today to say that the security package is being removed from my order, but apparently it doesn't change the spec. of the car.

He said it was a mistake - this package is only offered in Europe to meet regulatory requirements there. I expect a few others in Oz with pending orders will get/have got the same phone call.

Got the same call today.

That's great RBR! I've had an email telling me to prepare for final payment and they'll be in touch later in the week with another update so I'm guessing that means mine isn't far off (probably arrived in Sydney and maybe even on a truck on its way to Melbourne) :)

Hey congratulations lennier... Keep us posted. Hope you get it soon if not already.

I wonder if they have actually given you a 70 battery limited by software to 60 until you pony up the cash...

Hey congratulations lennier... Keep us posted. Hope you get it soon if not already.

I wonder if they have actually given you a 70 battery limited by software to 60 until you pony up the cash...

Thanks ZTrekus, getting it this Friday all going well, so this is our final Tesla-free weekend :) I guess there is a small possibility it will have a limited 70 pack, there's been a bunch of deliveries lately out of Melbourne and no-one has mentioned that but there may have been no 60s recently prior to mine. Potentially interesting, because the extra weight would mean in theory they'd have to tweak the current limiting to get the claimed performance, and of course they could tweak it further and exceed the 60 performance specs. Part of the reason I got mine de-badged at the factory as I figure there's a decent chance the '60' could become irrelevant over the course of my ownership.

Thanks ZTrekus, getting it this Friday all going well, so this is our final Tesla-free weekend :) I guess there is a small possibility it will have a limited 70 pack, there's been a bunch of deliveries lately out of Melbourne and no-one has mentioned that but there may have been no 60s recently prior to mine. Potentially interesting, because the extra weight would mean in theory they'd have to tweak the current limiting to get the claimed performance, and of course they could tweak it further and exceed the 60 performance specs. Part of the reason I got mine de-badged at the factory as I figure there's a decent chance the '60' could become irrelevant over the course of my ownership.

You have sparked my curiosity now:

1. How do you/did you get it debadged at the factory?
2. What are the reasons for one to do this?

You have sparked my curiosity now:

1. How do you/did you get it debadged at the factory?
2. What are the reasons for one to do this?

Just ask them to do it before production is complete and they won't fit the badge but supply it loose. It's basically just glued on so can be attached at any point in the future if you wish. In my case the reason was a combination of that mentioned above and the fact that I think it looks cleaner with just 'Model S' on the back.

I just purchased (2 weeks ago) a fully optioned P85D in Melbourne, Australia. Can't wait. Current estimated delivery November - doh. This was after waiting almost 2 years for the new C63 S AMG Edition 1... I got the runaround unfortunately by Mercedes, but in the end very happy I was able to cancel my pre-order and purchase the awesome Tesla.

I am reading through the forums to learn and gain from other peoples experiences... I see one common theme that people are experimenting with after-market options for power. Of course I will have the UMC hopefully with me (in my car), and my home wall mount, but we all know how big Australia is - and would love to experience a few country / remote drives. :)

Any great forum postings or ideas that I should read in preparation of my new beast?

Look forward to sharing all of my experiences with this group too.

Cheers, Chris

Good stuff lennier.
How long did the handover take from arrival to driving out in THE 21st Century car? :love:

Not sure to be honest, was a pretty relaxed interaction. I think probably an hour or so including a chat to Nathan about service stuff. James didn't spend a lot of time formally walking me through stuff since he knew I was pretty au fais with it all so we were mainly chatting while I showed stuff to my friend who came along to document the pickup :) A very pleasant experience from order to delivery I'd have to say.