Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of confirmed Australian Orders

Jude

Sep 16, 2015
And here's mine.
c8c534374c0e7652466ef48ba6c0e135.jpg

wpapua

May 26, 2014
Warrnambool, Vic.
Great one Jude ! Congrats. Nice colour - Multicoat Red ? Colloquially called 'Arrest Me Red !' ("They say the red ones go faster Officer, but I've never believed them !"). As Ray says, "Enjoy that Car" ! Any excuse for a drive, particularly if it's powered from your roof !

S'toon

Knows where his towel is
Apr 23, 2015
AB
Hey, guess what I found on youtube. Omegaroyal's delivery!

Last edited by a moderator:

EcoCloudIT

Aug 24, 2015
Melbourne, VIC
Yay! Production complete! Man, that was quick!

Any idea how long it takes from end of productions (2-3 days ago) to the time it goes on the boat? Any idea on the length of time it is on a boat when coming to Melbourne (I assume via Sydney)?

CapturFiles-30-53-2015_11.53.57.jpg

WA-T3sla

Apr 25, 2015
Perth, WA, Australia

Any idea how long it takes from end of productions (2-3 days ago) to the time it goes on the boat? Any idea on the length of time it is on a boat when coming to Melbourne (I assume via Sydney)?

I would guess your your car will be on either ANL Bindaree arriving in Melb 28 Nov or Kota Pelangi arriving 5 Dec. delivery about 2 weeks after arrival so should be an early Christmas present for you.

EcoCloudIT

Aug 24, 2015
Melbourne, VIC
Thanks WA-T3sla :biggrin: those ships/times are docking in Melbourne or Sydney? I believe the ships do a mandatory stop via Sydney, therefore the hop to Melbourne is an additional 4-5 days.

-ECIT

Edit: Oops, I see you say Melbourne delivery....just an update I was going to have my Tesla delivered to Sydney but now Melbourne....do you know if all Tesla go via Sydney?

WA-T3sla

Apr 25, 2015
Perth, WA, Australia
Thanks WA-T3sla :biggrin: those ships/times are docking in Melbourne or Sydney? I believe the ships do a mandatory stop via Sydney, therefore the hop to Melbourne is an additional 4-5 days.

-ECIT

Edit: Oops, I see you say Melbourne delivery....just an update I was going to have my Tesla delivered to Sydney but now Melbourne....do you know if all Tesla go via Sydney?

Mine went to Melbourne and the ship it was on went via NZ, not Sydney. I think if you are getting delivery in Melb they will offload the car in Melb even if the ship goes via Syd.

paulp

Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide, Australia

View attachment 99545
I have recieved two tesla's this year to adelaide, and they both took precisely 58 days (one in june, the other last week) from production start to delivery day in adelaide. Melbourne to Adelaide accounted for 4 of the days. The 2nd tesla was quicker, but was held by customs for 5 days for fumigation.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC