Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of confirmed Australian Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Tim,

Just joined.
I have confirmed my order on the 10th of june. Deliver estimate for November
85D white with pano, 19" standard, next gen black leather seats, air, Piano Black

Thanks

Hello Tim, welcome...

I just received an email from Tesla today (my order was changed from October to November a few weeks ago). It looks like a few small changes to the way we receive updates via the portal (as well):

"The Right Hand Drive Model S 70D, 85D and P85D have recently entered production, however the ramp up to full output is taking a little longer than expected. This has resulted in some Model S orders having their build slot resequenced back by up to a few weeks.

The team at the factory need to ensure we are producing Model S up to a quality expected by our customers and I am doing everything I can on my end to accelerate the process of getting you behind the wheel of your Model S as soon as possible.

You’ll also notice later this week that your ‘Estimated Delivery’ will be removed from your MyTesla portal. The intention is that I will inform you of any meaningful updates rather than a surprise when visiting the portal. I have the most up-to-date information on hand and in a much better position to explain any changes.

Of course, I’ll continue to keep you updated and don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any concerns."

---

November cant come soon enough, can't wait.

updated and welcome Mauri.

To give everyone an update:

- S 85 is still the most popular configuration, with P85D second
- White and Pearl White combined have 38% market share
- I estimate that this spreadsheet represents 25% of actual sales, so would be interesting to see what actual figures are

Hello All,

It's finally time for me to de-lurk now that I have a confirmed order.

I went into the showroom at St Leonards today to inquire about inventory cars to see if there were any good deals. When I walked in, I saw the blue car there and noticed it was the new blue, which is the colour I was after. Looking at the car more closely, I then realised it was the spec I was going to order, except it had a few extras as well. I talked to the sales guys, got a price and went ahead and bought it. Delivery is on Friday!

So, the spec is:

Model S85
Deep blue Metallic paint
Pano roof
21" Silver Turbine wheels
Grey Leather
Gloss Obeche wood
White Alcantara headliner
Air Suspension
Ultra High Fidelity Sound
Tech Package with Autopilot

It's base on the older pricebook and there's a Showroom Discount as well, so saved a few thousand there.

If you've been at the St Leonards showroom in the past few weeks, you may have see it. Here's a picture:
20150630_124024.jpg

Now to contain the excitement and try to get some sleep over the next few nights!

Phil

Congratulations! At least you won't have to wait that long, right?

Yes, I'm a bit gobsmacked at the moment. I had no idea it was all going to go this quickly. Like most, I was resigned to waiting until later this year to take delivery.

Congrats Phil.
Thats the colour I've ordered, it does look great.
The chrome above the nose cone looks like it is the car colour but must be just a reflection. :wink:

I think it is just a reflection. They drove it out of the showroom so I could see the colour in the sun.

Congrats Funhouse !

You'll LUV IT !.... Your config is almost exactly the same as mine- with one very important difference- Red goes fasterrrrr:biggrin:. It safe to say you'll be walking around with the Tesla Grin for weeks. My only serious advice is to take time to get used the incredible power and becoming much more aware of radars.... Ive covered 15K +Kms in mine so far and couldn't be more pleased.

Funhouse (Phil) - congratulations on de-lurking and on getting a car so quickly! I think most here would be very jealous of the almost instant delivery experience you will achieve.

Look forward to seeing you around, it would have to be one of the first deep blue cars in the country?

Roughly what part of Sydney are you from?

Funhouse (Phil) - congratulations on de-lurking and on getting a car so quickly! I think most here would be very jealous of the almost instant delivery experience you will achieve.

Look forward to seeing you around, it would have to be one of the first deep blue cars in the country?

Roughly what part of Sydney are you from?

Thanks, it's been a hectic day organising insurance and payments. I was offered pickup tomorrow initially, but I took Friday instead to give me a bit more breathing space to get things sorted.

I believe this is the first of the new blues in Aus, along with one in Melbourne. It's a March build.

I'm in Sydney's north west, around Schofields/The Ponds. I'll be doing the run down the M7 and M2 and back each day to Macquarie Park. Didn't sleep much last night due to the excitement, so I hope I catch up a bit tonight, because I suspect there won't be much sleep tomorrow night.

Phil

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats Funhouse !

You'll LUV IT !.... Your config is almost exactly the same as mine- with one very important difference- Red goes fasterrrrr:biggrin:. It safe to say you'll be walking around with the Tesla Grin for weeks. My only serious advice is to take time to get used the incredible power and becoming much more aware of radars.... Ive covered 15K +Kms in mine so far and couldn't be more pleased.

Thanks Keiron. I had a teeny bit of buyer's remorse today when I started think too hard about how much I'm spending, but then I had a look at the photos I took and that disappeared, and I know once I get in it there'll be no regrets.

Thanks Keiron. I had a teeny bit of buyer's remorse today when I started think too hard about how much I'm spending, but then I had a look at the photos I took and that disappeared, and I know once I get in it there'll be no regrets.

Congrats! gorgeous colour.

You wont have buyers remorse for long once you get in that car. I've just clicked over 6 months (that went quickly) and every single time I get in my car I love it. It's enjoyment all the time. Buyer's remorse is quickly displaced by 'Buyer's Smugness'. You are part of something that is changing the world - an investor in the future.

Enjoy!

Congratulations Funhouse

Congratulations on your new car.
I saw it last time I was at the showroom and it looks great.
I ordered my 85D not long ago and a couple of days later I went to showroom with a friend so he could do a test drive and they asked me if I wanted to change my order for one of the showroom models.
I almost didn't sleep for 2 days trying to decide what to do, save money and get the car right away or wait for the D. Decided to wait for the D because I was afraid I would regret the change, but it was not an easy decision.
Enjoy it!

Hello All,

It's finally time for me to de-lurk now that I have a confirmed order.

I went into the showroom at St Leonards today to inquire about inventory cars to see if there were any good deals. When I walked in, I saw the blue car there and noticed it was the new blue, which is the colour I was after. Looking at the car more closely, I then realised it was the spec I was going to order, except it had a few extras as well. I talked to the sales guys, got a price and went ahead and bought it. Delivery is on Friday!

So, the spec is:

Model S85
Deep blue Metallic paint
Pano roof
21" Silver Turbine wheels
Grey Leather
Gloss Obeche wood
White Alcantara headliner
Air Suspension
Ultra High Fidelity Sound
Tech Package with Autopilot

It's base on the older pricebook and there's a Showroom Discount as well, so saved a few thousand there.

If you've been at the St Leonards showroom in the past few weeks, you may have see it. Here's a picture:

Now to contain the excitement and try to get some sleep over the next few nights!

Phil

There is a very good chance we might spot each other at some point - I also commute to Macquarie Park most days along the M2. There are also at least two other owners that are around Macquarie Park regularly.
I've seen a blue Tesla a couple of times on the M2 and around Macquarie Park. In fact, I was behind one at the Christie Rd exit at the lights a few weeks ago around 9AM. I've also seen a white one in the carpark at the complex I work in.

One more sleep to go! It feels like Christmas Eve when I was a kid.