Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of confirmed Australian Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone

I've been lurking for almost two years, learning as much as I can about Tesla (the company as well as the car). I test drove the Model S in Melbourne last month and ordered a couple of days later. Confirmed last week and now have the "in the production queue" message on my dashboard.

Are there any other orders from Tasmania I wonder. . .

for the purposes of entering my details in the spreadsheet, I've ordered a fully loaded P85, MC Red, Black leather, White alcantara headlining, Performance seats, Pano roof, Carbon fibre trim, Matching yacht floor, Grey turbine 21" wheels.

And I think I know what they will do with the cars already built - store them for 18 months and then send them to the NZ launch....:wink:

I think they'll use them for stores, test drives and loaners, until they get sold off a few months later. The problem in the US has been that those cars sell like hotcakes, they never have enough of them.

I think they'll use them for stores, test drives and loaners, until they get sold off a few months later. The problem in the US has been that those cars sell like hotcakes, they never have enough of them.

Maybe they'll sell them. I think they have a unique issue here as these are ~15 Sig badged cars. I think they may keep them permanently internal.

My guess, in relation to those offered upgrades? - zero. That's why they hadn't confirmed a delivery date and we able to offer you a fresh build.
A bit of a conspiracy theory, don't you think? From an internal company email, I got the gem the my vehicle was " in transit to the regional hub" which does seem to imply that it was in fact, built. My guess is that they have accepted that there were unreasonable delays regarding launch. These may have been unexpected, and caused them to build too early. In the circumstances, and with some pressure from other members of this forum, they took the decision to upgrade, probably at negligible cost to themselves, buy them time to get things back on track in the Australian backend, and significantly mollify us punters. A win win. The built cars will be needed as loaners, demonstrators, and possibly, de-badged, be sold as inventory cars.